[Archive] Mengil Manhide's Manflayers for Hire?

Merchant:

As simple as the Thread Subject says - can we hire Mengil and his Manflayers???

- I have a PDF with his profile and all that, but it says that dwarfs cannot use them - but can we then???

Cheers :cheers

Thommy H:

What’s the exact wording of the rules for who can hire them? If it says “All armies except x, y, z” and Chaos Dwarfs aren’t x, y or z then they can. If it says “Only x, y, z can hire them” and Chaos Dwarfs aren’t x, y or z then they can’t.

Dwarfs and Chaos Dwarfs are always separate armies in all GW publications though, for the record. Nothing that applies to Dwarfs ever applies to Chaos Dwarfs and vice versa. The term “Dwarfs” refers to the army, not the race.

Hashut’s Blessing:

it sounds like it’s saying all armies, bar dwarfs. Therefore, we can use them.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Praise Hashut! :smiley:

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Thommy H:

Just looked up the rules for myself. It says this:

"Any Warhammer army other than Bretonnians, High Elves, Wood Elves and Dwarfs may hire Mengil�?Ts Manflayers, as a Rare unit choice. Dogs of War and Dark Elf armies (including any Dark Elf variant armies, such as the Cult of Slaanesh) may choose Mengil�?Ts Manflayers as a Special unit choice."

So yes, Chaos Dwarfs can use them as a Rare choice.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

PRAISE HASHUT!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Merchant:

Just looked up the rules for myself. It says this:

"Any Warhammer army other than Bretonnians, High Elves, Wood Elves and Dwarfs may hire Mengil�?Ts Manflayers, as a Rare unit choice. Dogs of War and Dark Elf armies (including any Dark Elf variant armies, such as the Cult of Slaanesh) may choose Mengil�?Ts Manflayers as a Special unit choice."

So yes, Chaos Dwarfs can use them as a Rare choice.

Thommy H
Okay thanks friend :)

Bladed Raven:

You could field many things other than MMMFls for the same points cost. They are a very, VERY powerful unit but they are also extremely overpriced.

Kera foehunter:

what about for shark bait!!

2nd where not dwarfs !!

3rd there no new list for dow for the 7 add.

Thommy H:

That's a little hypocritical from a Chaos Dwarf player, isn't it? Their list is newer than ours...

Also, the Manflayers were released separately, much later than the 6th Edition DoW list.

Kera foehunter:

No not at all …you can’t play them in tourney here eather

gw been worling on a list for a couple of year now!!!

minty:

Kera, how can you not like mengil, there pirates, skirmishers, and uber awesome

heheheh, posioned repeater crossbows and rgeat weapons, scout and -1 to hit, how can you dislike them?

and there legal, fully legal, as DoW are legal:P

Ghrask Dragh:

I was also thinking of trying to include these guys, thanks for clearing this up!

Willmark:

hmmm I think I have the 3rd edition mengil’s kicking around somewhere… Maybe they need to be hired by my CDs…

Anyone have the PDF link to them handy?

Merchant:

That's a little hypocritical from a Chaos Dwarf player, isn't it? Their list is newer than ours...

Also, the Manflayers were released separately, much later than the 6th Edition DoW list.

Thommy H
Agree :cheers
You could field many things other than MMMFls for the same points cost. They are a very, VERY powerful unit but they are also extremely overpriced.

Bladed Raven
Yeah thats right, but in a friendly game against the Hordes of Undead leaded by Vasquez - I'll like some faster, scout, skirmish unit.
hmmm I think I have the 3rd edition mengil's kicking around somewhere... Maybe they need to be hired by my CDs...

Anyone have the PDF link to them handy?

Willmark
Here it is:
oz.games-workshop.com/games/warhammer/dogsofwar/gaming/manflayers/assets/menghils-manflayers.pdf

Willmark:

Many thanks.

UPDATE: Must be synergy or something I found 12 of the 3rd edition models yah!

Kera foehunter:

so are the new rules in the dark elves book ?

i still have the old dog of war book!!( the old blue one)

Thommy H:

There aren’t any new rules. The old rules (6th Edition) are in the pdf Merchant just linked to.