[Archive] Merging Chaos Dwarf Discussion and Forge Discussion

Time of Madness:

Now that the new book has been out for a while is it worth combining the Chaos Dwarf Discussion and Warhammer Forge Discussion forums into one big Chaos Dwarf Discussion section again? Most people seem to have accepted the new rules as the status quo, which makes the warhammer forge forum a bit redundant.

Just a thought :slight_smile:

Time of Madness

aka_mythos:

I think its worthwhile as long as efforts taken to ensure any news or rumors that was presented in the Forge World thread is preserved in the CD Rumor section.

I forsee the only downside is that with the release of Monstrous Archana next year, I have no doubt CD players will want to discuss the potential of drawing from those different units into their CD armies… that type of discussion, without a Forge World section, its ambiguous where that discussion would go.

Nicodemus:

I don’t think they need to be merged. What I do think is that Chaos Dwarf and related threads from the Tamurkhan book, etc. in the Forge World/Warhammer Forge thread could slowly start showing up in the Chaos Dwarf thread.

There’s still lots of Warhammer Forge discussion points that have no relevance to Chaos Dwarfs, which would be the main justification for keeping them separate. Curs’d Ettin, Empire things, and other Tamurkhan things that don’t relate to Chaos Dwarfs will still have a deserving home there.

In some instances there may even be some threads at the moment that could/should be moved to the Chaos Dwarf section… but I have’t gone through them to verify this…

~N

cornixt:

It makes sense now to move the Forge CD stuff to the CD forum, at least right now. Not sure we need the Forge forum at all any more, could move the rest of the threads to the generic wargames forum.

If GW start a CD book then we might have to create a separate forum to keep it separate from the Forge stuff. Either that or people will have to tag their threads with [GW] and

Time of Madness:

It makes sense now to move the Forge CD stuff to the CD forum, at least right now. Not sure we need the Forge forum at all any more, could move the rest of the threads to the generic wargames forum.

cornixt
I agree with this. Doesn't make much sense at the moment to have 2 different sections.

Time of Madness

cornixt:

Now merged.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Time of Madness:

Thanks for that!

Time of Madness