[Archive] Method's Big Hat era Chaos Dwarfs

Method:

Hello all,

I have been on this site for about 2 years (more a lurker than poster)

Finally I thought it was time to post Pictures of my Big Hat chaos dwarfs. (these guys were in a “Word of Hashut” Battle report :hat off)

Here they are

Total Army

Black Orcs

Characters

Blunderbusses

Sneaky Gits

Wolf Riders

Chaos dwarf Warriors

Army Contents

2 units of 21 Chaos dwarf warriors

2 units of 21 Blunderbusses

3 units of 10 hobgoblin wolf riders

1 unit of 15 black orcs

2 units of 6 bull centaurs

2 hordes of 41 hobgoblin warriors (or 4 units of 20)

1 unit of 21 sneaky gits

4 bolt throwers (NOT Big hat era, Goblin BT models…)

2 Death rockets

2 earthshakers

1 Hobgoblin lord on wolf

1 Chaos dwarf lord on Great Taursus

1 Chaos dwarf lord on foot

1 chaos dwarf hero on foot

1 chaos dwarf sorcerer

AND Astrogoth.

Unfortunately, as they were my first army … my painting skills have improved (i think they look pretty bad…)…so I am thinking about re-painting the entire force!!! GAAH!

That being said, I might be willing to trade multiple units (and/or cash!)

to get a unit of the unreleased chaos dwarf axemen!!! Damn those are hard to find!! :cheers

Anyway, figured I might share, as you might be looking at the worlds longest PLog very soon…

Take Care

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

Blue in VT:

:cheers to you!

What an impressive force of Big hats…great to see them all painted up and ready for battle!

Cheers,

Blue

Da Crusha:

Nice collection!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Shakhorth:

Impressive collection for sure!!! And it’s all painted up.

Tbh it would be a shame to strip them all and redo them. I’d invest in some Gw inks, might just do the job.

tjub:

Wow, impressive! Looks great as well… :slight_smile:

Method:

Impressive collection for sure!!!! And it's all painted up.
Tbh it would be a shame to strip them all and redo them. I'd invest in some Gw inks, might just do the job.

Shakhorth
Yea, it would be, BUT the problem lies, where i tried different techniques on some of them, (like dipping) and did a bad job of it.
I might try on one of my spare guys, to touch him up and see if it can be applied across the model, unfortunately however, all the models have a glossy coat, so i don't know if that would work....
any ideas? you are right i would rather fix them then repaint all 250+ models...

Loki:

Very nice army Method, great to see so many big hats in one place :slight_smile:

Clinkz:

very impressive army! nice job :hat off

gIL^:

Thats a largest asortment of DOW Wolfriders ive seen… For now!

Method:

Yea, I am a Big fan of the Mongols (eastern asian studies undergrad)

So I made the Mourngols that live in the plains north east of the dark lands. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Zanko:

Very nice army you collected and painted there! :hat off

How many points can you field (with the RH rules) ?

:hashut

Method:

i think it’s only about 4000pts with the ravening hordes list (magic items included).

The Chaos Dwarfs get quite a few point breaks on that list.

If we are just talking about bare bones troops, I could fit every model in a 3000 point battle. (imagine the enemy’s look facing that down!)

But the units would probably get smashed. I would use the old 6th edition tactics of the maniple formation, with 4 units of 20 hobgobs)

(or 8 units of 10) and grind through combat rez… Not sure that would work in 8th however… more likely I would cause the greatest massacre of Chaos dwarfs since that “white dwarf presents” army book we got… phew. x.x

sundrinker:

Well if you don’t want them I know this Irish guy that would :smiley:

Willmark:

Need to have some tighter, high rez photos here…

Method:

Need to have some tighter, high rez photos here...

Willmark
Willmark,
I would but I am kinda of embarassed of the paint job...:sick
Maybe I can get them up later this week.
So to remove a glossy over coat, you think I'd have to strip he whole model? I am guessing so unforunately....

Murdock129:

Embarassed of the paint job?

I’d kill to be able to paint that well, especially with those models to paint on (I’d also kill to have that army, it’s amazing)