[Archive] Mi first 2000 lists

centauro enano:

Lords and Heros

1 Chaos Dwarf Lord General in Taurus  

1 Chaos Dwarf Hero

1 Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer     Level 2

CORE

19 Chaos Dwarf Warriors (Standard; Musician; War Banner; Champion)

15 Chaos Dwarf Blunderbuss

5 Hobgoblins rider

5 Hobgoblins rider

SPECIAL

2 Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower

2 Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower

20 orcs ( Standard, Musician, Champion)

Death rocket

RARE

Earth shaker

Suggestions?

Auretious Taak:

5 Hobgoblins rider
5 Hobgoblins rider

centauro enano
This is illegal.

Unit minimums for Hobgoblins are 10+. This includes the wolf riders. The good thing about this is you can spam units of 10 naked hob gobs witha hand weapon at just 20pts as opposed to units of 20 goblins at 60pts in all other greenskinned armies!

Any magic items at all in that list? And out of curiosity, why the unit of Orc Boyz as Special? Why not take another unit of CD Warriors instead or a small unit of Black Orcs mayhaps? Just curious to know why the Orcs.

Cheers,

Auretious Taak.

centauro enano:

Hello Auretious :hat off, minimum 10 hobgoblins OUUUCH, I had not noticed. I think the dwarves of chaos is slow and requires an army general mounted on the Taurus, the drawback is its high cost in points, it makes can not invest in black orcs. The unit of orcs has a couple of advantages; pursue 5d6 and do not cause panic in my units of chaos dwarves. I have not yet decided which objects to use magic, thanks for the comments.

Auretious Taak:

Hello Auretious :hat off, minimum 10 hobgoblins OUUUCH, I had not noticed. I think the dwarves of chaos is slow and requires an army general mounted on the Taurus, the drawback is its high cost in points, it makes can not invest in black orcs. The unit of orcs has a couple of advantages; pursue 5d6 and do not cause panic in my units of chaos dwarves. I have not yet decided which objects to use magic, thanks for the comments.

centauro enano
I think you mean pursue 2D6. They are foot orcs, 1 inch more then the Chaos Dwarves, it does mean alot but then again Hobgoblins do the same, you get strength 4 attacks first round with teh orcs though. Minimum of 10 Hobgoblins is not an OUCH except in the wolf riders, it's actually a massive WIN! for foot units, cheapest unit in the game it is!

centauro enano:

centauro enano
I think you mean pursue 2D6. They are foot orcs, 1 inch more then the Chaos Dwarves, it does mean alot but then again Hobgoblins do the same, you get strength 4 attacks first round with teh orcs though. Minimum of 10 Hobgoblins is not an OUCH except in the wolf riders, it's actually a massive WIN! for foot units, cheapest unit in the game it is!

Auretious Taak
In spain pursue 5d6 by the metric system (meter-centimeter)
that currency by the orcs?

centauro enano:

centauro enano

Auretious Taak
In spain pursue 5d6 by the metric system (meter-centimeter)
that currency by the orcs?

2000 points list

Lords and Heros
1 Chaos Dwarf Hero

CORE
10 Hobgoblins rider

SPECIAL
2 Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower
2 Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower
Death rocket

RARE
Earth shaker

Auretious Taak:

Ahh yeah we use metres and centimetres in australia too but stupid GW makes all their products in inches don’t they just for us!

The second list looks okay, more a ranged force then anything, I think if you are going down the path of the Bull Centaur Lord without another General (Ld 10 chap) then you need him to have a force moving with him Bullcentaurs 1 or 2 units and 1 or 2 units of Hobgoblins. He hits hard but needs support. The Earthshaker could help in neutralising the enemies response to a fast flank assault.

slev:

In the UK, kids are taught metric at school, and you can buy anything you like in metric. However, the proceeding generations all use imperial still, so most things are double-labled so everyone can see what they are using.

Warhammer has used inches right back to the first edition, and continues to do so. Some smaller-scale systems (BFG, Epic, et al) use cm though.

centauro enano:

Ahh yeah we use metres and centimetres in australia too but stupid GW makes all their products in inches don't they just for us!

The second list looks okay, more a ranged force then anything, I think if you are going down the path of the Bull Centaur Lord without another General (Ld 10 chap) then you need him to have a force moving with him Bullcentaurs 1 or 2 units and 1 or 2 units of Hobgoblins. He hits hard but needs support. The Earthshaker could help in neutralising the enemies response to a fast flank assault.

Auretious Taak
I think he is right, added a unit of bulls centaurs and let the rest of points for magic objects.

2000 points list

Lords and Heros
1 Chaos Dwarf Hero

CORE
10 Hobgoblins rider

SPECIAL
2 Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower
2 Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower
Death rocket

RARE
Earth shaker
5 Bulls centaurs