[Archive] Mine Pit Madness - Sign-up thread

The Flying Beaver:

In the thousands of pits of the Mines of Gorgoth, countless slaves of almost every race imaginable in the world toild endlessly, hauling up more and more riches for the Chaos Dwarf Industrial Complex. But, because the Dawi’Zharr are so vastly outnumbered by their slaves, they rely on hobgoblin servants to keep order. Though the hobgoblins are usually content to merely bully their slaves, every now and then some will get too obsessed with their superior position and start murdering slaves. This, of course, upsets their Chaos Dwarf masters…

In this scenario, some hobgoblins among a slave team have been taking advantage of an unfortunate situation. This particular group of slaves has been living in darkness for so long that they’re almost completely blind. It is little trouble for the nasty greenskins to have some murderous fun while the slaves sleep. The Chaos Dwarf overseer wants to keep as many slaves as he can, but since these slaves are getting old, he figures he might as well have some fun with it.

“Alright, you stinking maggots!” the overseer yelled. "I don’t need to remind you that some hobgoblins have been killing you at night. Since you can’t see, I’m going to have a laugh. Every day, you will try and determine which of your comrades the hobgoblins are by a vote. If a majority is in favour of one person, it will be lynched. You may vote to abstain, and if a majority of you vote to do this, no lynching will occur. Your goal is to pay attention to any clues and lynch all the hobgoblins before they kill all of you. Got it?"

There are two phases to this game: Day and Night. During the day, players may discuss amongst one another and vote to lynch a player. The phase ends when a player has been lynched. If no majority is reached and time is taking too long, a deadline may be set. At night, nobody may make posts. Hobgoblins and Sneaky Gits may perform their actions by sending me a PM. After that, fluff will be posted along with new clues, and Day Phase begins again.

There are 3 roles each player in this game can get. They will be PM’d to you at the start of the game, and are as follows:

Slaves
Alignment: Good
These are what the majority of players are. They have no special powers, except that they may vote to lynch someone. The slaves win if all the hobgoblins are lynched.

Hobgoblins
Alignment: Evil
Hobgoblins may contact each other via PM, as they know who one another is (The slaves, obviously, do not.). They may decide to kill one player each night phase by sending me a PM. They win if all the good aligned players are killed or lynched. Note that hobgoblins may participate in the votes to lynch players, so it’s not easy to spot them!

Sneaky Gits
The sneaky git is another hobgoblin, employed by the Overseer to lend the slaves a hand. His role is a secret, unless he chooses to reveal it. He is just like any other slave, but during the night phase he may choose to spy on one player, and will find out what their alignment is. The Sneaky Git will win if all the Hobgoblins are lynched, winning alongside the Slaves.

I need a minimum of 16 players to start this game (More people may join if there’s interest). If you’re want to play, copy/paste the list into a post and add your name to it. Oh yes, the first 5 players to join get a slave!

CountArach:

1. CountArach

bandnerd1892:

1. CountArach
    2. bandnerd1892

nerd

Ghrask Dragh:

1. CountArach
    2. bandnerd1892
    3. Ghrask Dragh

:cheers

Servius:

1. CountArach
    2. bandnerd1892
    3. Ghrask Dragh
    4. Servius

Dracomancer:

1. CountArach
    2. bandnerd1892
    3. Ghrask Dragh
    4. Servius
    5. Dracomancer
    :hat off

Thommy H:

Ah, the Deadly Game! I’ve played this on another forum. It’s good fun.

1. CountArach
2. bandnerd1892
3. Ghrask Dragh
4. Servius
5. Dracomancer
6. Thommy H

catbarf:

1. CountArach
    2. bandnerd1892
    3. Ghrask Dragh
    4. Servius
    5. Dracomancer
    6. Thommy H
    7. catbarf

I’ve never played it over a forum- I thought human interaction is an integral part of it…?

Thommy H:

It’s much easier on a forum, because no one has to switch out any lights or try to avoid looking guilty. All the “hobgoblins” just interact in the nomination thread as normal and try to nominate other players tactically, based on whoever they think might have sussed them out.

It works really well.

Dracomancer:

It's much easier on a forum, because no one has to switch out any lights or try to avoid looking guilty. All the "hobgoblins" just interact in the nomination��thread as normal and try to nominate other players tactically, based on whoever they think might have sussed them out.

It works really well.

Thommy H
True, I have something similar going on over on the herdstone and it works a lot better than in real life (for one thing, you can't really cheat on a forum :P)

And wheres ma slave, foo?! :mask
EDIT: lol, am I the only one who thinks that the masked smily looks like the Fantom from League of Extraordinary gentlemen, only with more of a beard? ;)

catbarf:

Well, my point was that I can’t see how you convince someone you know who the killer is… since there isn’t even that human interaction. It’s just totally random guessing.

Dracomancer:

Well, my point was that I can't see how you convince someone you know who the killer is... since there isn't even that human interaction. It's just totally random guessing.

catbarf
Usually there are clues in the fluff when someone is killed, and usually there is a character that has an ability to tell if someone is evil or not that they can use once per day phase (usually a priest or something similar), perhaps TFB will add one of those as well.

And of course, there is a bit of random guessing, but thats half the fun! :P

Uzkul Werit:

1. CountArach
    2. bandnerd1892
    3. Ghrask Dragh
    4. Servius
    5. Dracomancer
    6. Thommy H
    7. catbarf
    8. Uzkul Werit

minty:

1. CountArach
    2. bandnerd1892
    3. Ghrask Dragh
    4. Servius
    5. Dracomancer
    6. Thommy H
    7. catbarf
    8. Uzkul Werit
    9. minty

sounds just like an RAU, so i’m in

The Flying Beaver:

Usually there are clues in the fluff when someone is killed, and usually there is a character that has an ability to tell if someone is evil or not that they can use once per day phase (usually a priest or something similar), perhaps TFB will add one of those as well.

Dracomancer
Sneaky Gits
The sneaky git is another hobgoblin, employed by the Overseer to lend the slaves a hand. His role is a secret, unless he chooses to reveal it. He is just like any other slave, but during the night phase he may choose to spy on one player, and will find out what their alignment is. The Sneaky Git will win if all the Hobgoblins are lynched, winning alongside the Slaves.

The Flying Beaver
I see you read all the rules...

Dracomancer:

Dracomancer
Sneaky Gits

The Flying Beaver
I see you read all the rules...

The Flying Beaver
*Slaps forehead dramatically*
But if I did read stuff before posting, then who would I be? :P

grom:

1. CountArach
    2. bandnerd1892
    3. Ghrask Dragh
    4. Servius
    5. Dracomancer
    6. Thommy H