[Archive] mines?

jolpis:

does chaos dwarfs have deep mines? whats the atmosphere in them?

do chaos dwarfs work there or just the slaves?

Groznit Goregut:

The wiki has some good info on this. I read the different descriptions of the locations to get an idea. From what I can gather, they have the slaves do the work. I wouldn’t be surprised to find some dwarf engineers in the tunnels, too, trying to direct the slaves.

jolpis:

ok thanks,

anyone know when will the date for artisans be set?

Alfract:

ok thanks,
anyone know when will the date for artisans be set?

jolpis
Probly at the start of April.

Piccolo:

I think Hobgoblins are used as overseers to coordinate work in the mines:idea

Skitter:

The way I see it, Chaos dwarfs do not have the same deep mines as Dwarfs do. If we look at the map of the Plain of Zharr, it looks like we have great open mines. We dig directly into the wealth of the earth in a more modern and industrial style. We blast great scars into the plains, send the material on great belts into the open furnances. Endless rows of slaves push carts towards the belts, great wheels turn, pushed by slaves, to power the belts. The raw materials are then transported in great slave caravans along the roads into Zharr Naggrund. The whips of hobgoblin overseers slashing the backs of tired slaves, echoed by the laughter of their chaos dwarf masters.

Well, that is the image in my head…

jolpis:

well thats great.

just the kind of insperation i needed

oh and are chaos dwarfs technically more advanced then other dwarfs?

Skitter:

We are probably on the same level, but we do things differently.

Regular dwarfs probably have more advanced steam technology than us, but we have daemon forges, and blend technology with magic. We bind daemonic forces into technology, regular dwarfs cannot do that. Some of our technology might be bit like the skaven, but in a more scientific and safe way, with the exeption of rocket technology perhaps…

jolpis:

so flame weapons (not magic ones) is perfectly possible?

Skitter:

Yes, most likely.

Chaos dwarfs dig oil and tar out of the ground and store it in great filthy lakes in the Plain of Zharr. It is more than likely that a pyromaniac chaos dwarf engineer has made a portable flame thrower and testet it on some goblins, and been quite pleased with the result. After that he would probably want to make a bigger one…

jolpis:

ok thanks. where did you get this info anyway?

Skitter:

The part about the flame thrower is just out of my head, but our deamon forges are mentioned here and there, in the Warriors of Chaos book for instance. In the old days chaos dwarfs had a bazooka team and a small mortar too, so I just let my imagination go on from there. The part about lakes of tar and oil is in the 1994 chaos dwarf book.

jolpis:

ok thanks for everything.

Piccolo:

I’m not sure, but I think the Colossus had flamethrowers on his shoulders. I dont have that book so I dont know for sure.