[Archive] Mixing GS and miliput?

AGPO:

I’ve seen this recommended a few times but when I tried the putty didn’t mix properly and was difficult to use. Is there a specific method of mixing (I.e. which parts to mix when) or a specific type of miliput that works best. Tips appreciated

Vexxus:

News to me… I will watch this thread with interest.

Kera foehunter:

have you tryed mixing it 50 /50 or are you talking one part milliput. about one part eather yellow or one part  blue ?? of green stuff

agpo

Ishkur Cinderhat:

I have both materials here and frankly I can’t imagine they would mix at all. At least the standard yellow / grey milliput that I own doesn’t seem suitable for that mix. Maybe the white / fine one would do.

Narflung:

I haven’t heard of this either, but I have heard of mixing green stuff and brown stuff. Looking at this with interest as the local hobby store only sells milliput…

AGPO:

Warplock for one recomends it and we’ve all seen the results he gets. First time I tried it I used terracota miliput. I mixed the two parts then mixed some greentuff and finally combined the two. It was okay, but not the sculpting Nirvana I’d been led to expect. Instead of having the best properties of both it had the worst. :frowning:

cornixt:

I’ve mixed greenstuff and Fimo. It wasn’t any better or worse at sculpting, but it was cheaper than pure greenstuff.

Kera foehunter:

well chant backward while mixing the two then you get the best of the best

im happy just using green stuff .

Ishkur Cinderhat:

I've mixed greenstuff and Fimo.  It wasn't any better or worse at sculpting, but it was cheaper than pure greenstuff.

cornixt
But Fimo has to be baked to cure, while greenstuff doesn't. How do you solve that? Won't the mixed material stay soft if not baked?