[Archive] MM90 Shields

GRNDL:

Anyone have any leads on getting the plastic shields bitz for the classic old MM90 CD line, or a suitable replacement? Any bitz retailers or manufacturers I could use?

Pyro Stick:

I dont think anywhere sells these anymore. I know games workshop sell the old chaos shield sprue but they dont sell the marauder shield sprue. The chaos dwarfs didnt have their own shield sprue, they just used the standard marauder shield sprue.

clam:

I keep looking for Marauder Shields (undead and dark elf ones) at eBay - but thy are a rare sight - so if you find a good resource - please let us know. Have you tried Bartlertown?

For those that can’t ‘remember’ Marauder Miniatures - try look here:

http://www.solegends.com/citcat9x3/c92433marshields-01.htm

The to NIB MM90s I’ve bought - both came with the undead ones - so I guess that’s the standard - but the Orc ones goes well with them (size-vice) too.

For alternatives I’ve found the 7ed GW undead (skeletons/grave guards) useful.

GRNDL:

No, haven’t tried Bartertown, just eBay. I thought I’d check with the 3rd Ed grognards before going out into the strange world outside. I have a few shields and briefly thought about casting some duplicates, but decided to commit to a decent search before doing that. Its quite annoying how many MM90s sell without a shield.

Willmark:

Bartertown is usually a good choice but be sure of who you are trading with prior. I’ve used it a few times with no issues by way of example. YMMV.

silentbob27:

wow. I have a ton of those old shields. I actually recently cast up the round daemon face one (on the DE sprue) since I like it so much and want a unit of them.

Blue in VT:

I’ve been looking for a number of these as well. I particularly like the coffin shaped shield with the skeleton on the front. If anyone has some they want to part with please let us know!

Cheers,

Blue

clam:

You have a ton, Bob :~

If you only need half a ton - feel free to drop me a PM :smiley:

silentbob27:

heh. I should clarify that. I have pretty much all of them but very few original doubles or triples. Whenever I wanted more, I just made copies. Yeah, I know, bad me, but these were almost all gone when I got into the hobby.

Baggronor:

I have a ton of those old shields. I actually recently cast up the round daemon face one (on the DE sprue) since I like it so much and want a unit of them.
Sounds like a plan tbh, they're ridiculously difficult to get hold of. I have about 9-10 of the DE ones, might cast them up for my DEs.

Obsidian:

I have a bag full of them somewhere, if only I’d know where somewhere is…

snowblizz:

For those that can't 'remember' Marauder Miniatures - try look here:

http://www.solegends.com/citcat9x3/c92433marshields-01.htm

The to NIB MM90s I've bought - both came with the undead ones - so I guess that's the standard - but the Orc ones goes well with them (size-vice) too.

clam
GW should bring back some of those... anyone else notice the "Dwarf Elf" shields BTW? Uh..?

clam:

This one, right?

Since I saw this at CMoN a few yeas back - I’ve been looking at every shield lot auction after this one in particular.No luck yet :frowning: Those elf shields are just perfect for old school dwarfs.

Obsidian:

Ehrm, I might be wrong but I believe that shield has freehand painting on it and it is not a sculpted on feature.

clam:

I wouldn’t know if it’s free hand or not - there is so much photoshop in that picture it’s hard to tell

- but if it is - he stole the designs here:

The one in the middle - and that’s the one I’m looking for :smiley:

Obsidian:

Ah, so it is a relief(sp?) shield. Could’ve fooled me, really thought it was freehand painting. Thanks Clam! ^^

silentbob27:

That is the one I made copies of recently. Have 20 sitting on my work desk waiting for a unit to join them. Love that shield.

Blue in VT:

Clam,

I have a few Marauder DE shields in my stash…I’m not sure if that is one of them…I’ll check and if its there I would be happy to send it your way.

Cheers,

Blue

clam:

And should you find the one with the 2 headed snake/dragon/worm/… I’ll be quite interested in that one too :smiley:

Abecedar:

I thought all of the 3rd edition used the undead shield sprues. Did the marauder range use something different?