[Archive] Modding Blood Bowl - a CDO Project?

AGPO:

Okay, as you all know by now there is a new blood bowl video game coming out from Cyanide studios. The modding tools are apparently going to be released not long after the game.

So my suggestion is this: IF there are any talented people who would want to be part of a project to mod a chaos dwarf team for the game. We could make it available on the Cyanide website and spread publicity for the chaos dwarfs.

Now obviously we’d need coders, but also people to help design the look of a more up-to-date chaos dwarf team. Anyone who wanted to get involved would obviously be more than welcome

Xander:

I have a lot of coding and graphic experience. I could at least take a look at things. o.o

cornixt:

One question to ask: how workable would it be? Is it a full team from scratch or will it just be altering the appearance of a current team - in which case there would need to be an appropriate team, and how would we do BCs given their extra legs? Okay, that was in two parts, but they are both the same question.

furrie:

if the modding to lets you do enough then I can probably help with the coding

Grahg the Elfmuncher:

It’s possible that we don’t even need to mod it: http://www.cyanide-studio.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=57074&sid=758d493a8b737f0b954bc8b2ff26b1e5

AGPO:

One question to ask: how workable would it be? Is it a full team from scratch or will it just be altering the appearance of a current team - in which case there would need to be an appropriate team, and how would we do BCs given their extra legs? Okay, that was in two parts, but they are both the same question.

cornixt
Well the game already features Dwarfs and Orcs, so that's hobbos and CDs sorted. The minotour could be done using one of the big guys, so its not as if we have to work out something entirely new for any of these. Its a question of appearence. Bull Centaurs would give us trouble yes. Personally I have very little experience but judging by the results of some mods I've seen for other games it shouldn't be a problem

arzack:

interesting!!

i have some 3d model experience, and hopefully some free time in the beginning of next year. would be a nice challange, to create a bull centaur…

but i realy like the old babylon-big head-style…:rolleyes:

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/6053

keep me updated

Hashut’s Blessing:

We may not need a mod as suggested above. Ultimately, it depends upon what the tools will let us do. We may have to have an all CD team (dwarfs) and an all Hobgoblin team (Orcs)… Still, I’m happy to do a little concept drawing to inspire others to improve with better qulaity and their own ideas for those that can code it in…