[Archive] Monster Hobbies @ Home

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Hi everyone!

As you know, or possibly don’t know, Monster Hobbies was a victum of the High River Flood of 2013.

Well, some time has passed and I am currently waiting for my store to get rebuilt.

In the meantime, the town of High river has allowed me to open my shop up, temporarily, in my basement.

Here’s some progress pictures of my work so far :

The Hobbit, Warhammer Fantasy, Army Books and Warhammer 40K. I need to get more 40K items, but this is a great start.

A full rack of Citadel Paints, brushes and dice waiting for you!

The tools needed to get the job done. Sprue cutters, paint sets, spray paints and glue.

More pictures to come!:hat off

Abecedar:

Have you got a nice attic? 'Cause basements … well the last one got wet

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Hi everyone!

Last Thursday, at the High River Farmer’s Market, Lisa Murphy, the Media and Exhibits manager at Spruce Meadows was there and she approached me and offered me a booth for their upcoming Master’s Horse Jumping Competition. Also, Telus, the Canadian Telephone Company, is going to cover the cost of the booth as a “Good Will” jester for the businesses wiped out by the flood.

I will be vending from a 10’ x 10’ booth in the Master’s Marketplace on the following days :

Wednesday 4 Sept 11:00am - 6:00pm

Thursday 5 Sept 11:00am - 6:00pm

Friday 6 Sept 11:00am - 8:00pm

Saturday 7 Sept 10:00am - 7:00pm

Sunday 8 Sept 10:00am - 6:00pm

The Spruce Meadows Marketplaces consist of the Gallery on the Green and Riding Hall and are our indoor retail space offered for exhibits at this tournament. Their locations allow guests of Spruce Meadows a place to shop as well as respite from the competitions and elements. Average attendance for this tournament is 217,649 fans over the five days that the exhibits are open.

This is probably the biggest event I have ever been to as a store!

Here’s the link to the Spruce Meadows page : http://www.sprucemeadows.com/exhibitor/ex_view_event.jsp?id=58

Bassman:

Good you’re back to business!!!

No blooody flood can stop a real Chaos Dwarf!!!

Abecedar:

Crickey’s its huge, no need to worry about rain. Good Luck on the days, that is a great thing for you.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Thanx guys…and no…I couldn’t cram people in my suitcase sized attic! :smiley:

Zanko:

Good that you are back and that your dream of your own Fantasy-Shop is still alive! :smiley:

All the best and many generous customers! :cheers

:hashut

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Thank you Zanko! Well, I’m starting from scratch again. What I really need is walk-in traffic.

Today I sold some model rail road items, so that wasn’t bad!

Think I’ll try bringing these mugs to the next Farmer’s Market.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Ok…made some more progress…

The front till area. Chips, Pop and Chocolate Bars are available as well as war game scenery, action figures and Magic Cards.

Bookcases full of Role Playing Games, Monster and Sci-Fi models as well as Tiki Mugs and Comic Books.

Model Train Section. N Scale, HO and O gauge are available.

The World at War.

History of man’s armies, aircraft, navy and tanks from the dawn of time to the modern day in 1/72nd scale, 1/48th scale, 1/35th scale, 1/32nd scale and 1/16th scale.

Magic : The Gathering Draft Night - August 21st 2013.

The guys are warming up with a three way Modern game.

So that’s all for now. There’s still a lot of packed up boxes and such. I don’t think I’m going to sell everything down in the basement…just what’s really important for now.

Blackspine:

Looks like a great space!

G.2:

Looks like a great space!

Blackspine
I completely agree. it looks like a wonderful space. It has a kinda of "secret, basment, exclusive" feel to it. As if you are buying a stash of military grade equipment. I love it. It makes our hobby appear even "cooler" than what it already is.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Thanx! And here I thought that the exposed furnace ducts and plumbing pipes made the place look unfinished.:hat off

Nicodemus:

Honestly dude, if I still lived in Calgary I’d have been down to visit and make some purchases already. I looked up the driving time a few weeks ago from Saskatoon just to jog my memory, but alas it’s just too far of a drive to pop in :stuck_out_tongue:

~N

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I can always ship stuff out. Let me know if there’s anything you like and we can talk.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

In case you guys are interested, here’s a little photo story of how we are cleaning up the plastic model kits! Enjoy:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.612528635436688.1073741851.163876670301889&type=1