[Archive] Mordheim: Chaos Dwarf Slavers

MLP:

I’ve recently been working on my version of Chaos Dwarfs in Mordheim. They’re basicaly a merge of the Black Dwarfs, Dwarf Treasure Hunters and a few bits from the Legion of Azgorh.

I’ve done this for my own entertainment really for a campaign I’ll soon be running but thought I’d share it to see what you guys think. I’ve taken the Rituals of Hashut straight from The Black Dwarfs lists, hopefully no one minds :confused: but it’s a good spell list and didn’t see a reason to change it.

I plan to format the whole document better eventually but for the moment it’s quite basic.

Chaos Dwarf Slavers v1.3

Q: The fireglaive and blunderbuss - do they follow the normal rules for handguns and blunderbusses… you know, only shoot once per game for the BB and only every other turn for the fireglaive?
A: The Fireglaive and Blunderbuss are unique weapons to the Chaos Dwarfs and do not follow normal rules for similar weapons. Both may shoot every turn as they’re master crafted compared to empire black powder weapons. This may seem overpowered but the cost is significantly increased and they are both rare 12 items.

Q: The daemonsmith allows you to reroll 1’s with blackpowder weapons… does that include duelling pistols?
A: Yes it does.

Empie Patrol v1.0

Halfling Adventurers v1.2

Plague Zombies v1.0

The Fellowship v1.0

Stepper:

Ohh i like it alot :D, to be honest i don’t play that much anymore but i love 2 make lists and this is a good one…

Ciao,

Stepper

MLP:

Glad you like it :slight_smile: and for the same campaign here’s another list the Halfling Adventurers based a little of my Halfling army list.

Thommy H:

It seems nice and balanced, although the mix of warriors available isn’t quite how I’d do it - I think a small slaving band should be led by a fighter-type, with an option for some kind of lesser wizard (Acolyte, Daemonsmith, whatever) as a Hero, rather than have a full-fledged Sorcerer running around. I’m not sure about including Bull Centaurs either - they seem a bit much, especially as Heroes! It strikes me as just a scaled down Legion of Azgorh.

As I say, the rules are absolutely sound though. I really like how you’ve represented the new wargear - the new rules capture the spirit of the Warhammer versions, while being scaled correctly for the Mordheim rules.

It makes me want to write up a few warbands of my own…

Zuh-Khinie:

What’s the basesize for a bullcentaur in your rules?

MLP:

Cheers for the comments Thommy glad you it, scaled down LoA was pretty much what I was going for. I was thinking the Bull centaur as a hero was too much, maybe as a Henchmen who require double experience to advance instead. That’ll then make room in the heroes for a combat leader, I’ll have a think.  I’ve recenlty refound a love for Mordheim, it’s a brilliant game and the border town burning campaign is awesome.

Zuh-Khinie I didn’t really think about it, but mine are based on 50x50mm so that’s what i’ll use. It might mean he struggles in Mordheim terrain but it makes sense I think. Saying that, they are a tamed down version of a Bull Centaur so 50x25 would probably be fine.

I’ve also written up lists for these below which will be up soon:

Empire Patrol - Like an old Empire army with dwarfs, halflings & ogre

Fellowship - All hero list max 9 models with human, wizard, dwarf, elf & halfling

Nurgle Zombie Horde - basically just a horde of infected zombies! Carrier is a hero, Infected are still living but full of rage, Plague Zombie is standard zombie, risen is a decomposed zombie almost fully fallen apart.

Mad Dave:

I’ve not played mordheim in years, im very interested in this thread, Keep it coming!.

Thommy H:

I’ve had some ideas for Moussilon-themed warbands bouncing around in my head for a while, so I might put fingers to keyboard and do some work on that tonight.

MLP:

Here’s a link to a load of Mordheim resources if you’re interested, I’m sure there’s a moussilon themed warband in there as well.

Google Drive: Sign-in

beefcake:

That fellowship band looks really cool. I think the sorcerer seems a bit too pwerful for Mordheim. WS 5 is the max some other bands can get to (I think) so starting at 5 is a bit much. Maybe Daemonsmith as the leader with the heroes being castellan type characters? I also see that captured minis are immediately sacrificed, that kind of makes me think that the name “slavers” is a bit redundant as there will be no slaves. Sorry if I’m being too critical

Nevertheless a very cool looking set of rules and I like the inclusion of Hobgobs and the bull centaur being toned down is also a good idea.

MLP:

That fellowship band looks really cool. I think the sorcerer seems a bit too pwerful for Mordheim. WS 5 is the max some other bands can get to (I think) so starting at 5 is a bit much. Maybe Daemonsmith as the leader with the heroes being castellan type characters? I also see that captured minis are immediately sacrificed, that kind of makes me think that the name "slavers" is a bit redundant as there will be no slaves. Sorry if I'm being too critical
Nevertheless a very cool looking set of rules and I like the inclusion of Hobgobs and the bull centaur being toned down is also a good idea.

beefcake
Some good points there, the sorcerer is near the same level as a Dwarf Noble with the wizard rule on top. Maybe dropping his stats down a little wouldn't hurt though.

I think I'll change that sacrifice rule, you're right it doesn't make much sense. I might make up their own table for what to do with captives instead.

What do you think on the animosity rules? are they simple enough and characterful? I'll be uploading the rest of the warbands and updates to the current ones today or tomorrow.

MLP:

Here’s the most recent versions:

Quite a few changes: Bull Centaur now a Henchman, new Overseer hero, captives rules, new limit on slavers.

> Removed links and placed into first post <

beefcake:

Those slave rules are really good. Selling the slaves sounds like an appropriate choice for that along with the others. I like the overseer rules too. Great work.

MLP:

Cheers, I noticed quite a few formatting/name stats mistakes so I’ve updated the link.

beefcake:

I noticed a little error in the blunderbuss rules. You’ve put it at strength three but underneath you referred to it as strength 4 in the save modifier section.

MLP:

ah good spot cheers, it should just be -1 like armour piercing.

MLP:

First post updated with new version fixing a few errors and rules and a small Q&A.

Vogon:

Hey there,

I put together a CD Mordheim ruleset a few years ago which our gaming group found fairly ballanced and was well recieved at the time.

A couple of suggestions.

My personal opinion is that a fully fledged sorcerer wouldn’t be messing around with a small warband but at the head of a large army.  A Daemonsmith Sorcerer (with the wizard special rule) would be more in-keeping with the Mordheim setting.  You could do with incorporating the curse of stone into the sorcerer rules.  

I’m not sure about penalising the Bull Centaur for being slow witted as the Tamurkhan book states they are just as keen witted and intelligent as a regular chaos dwarf.  

When putting my list together I came up with the following slaver rules which were well received at the time. based loosely on the official pirate warband published in Town Cryer.

Chaos Dwarves see all other races as inferior worthy only of enslaving.  At the end of the game if the Chaos Dwarves are in charge of the field any enemy henchman that was taken out of action and subsequently rolls as dead on the injury chart may be taken as a slave by the Chaos Dwarves.  On a D6 roll of 4 or more he is shipped back to Zharr Naggrund where end his days either toiling in the hellish workshops or as a sacrifice to the Father of Darkness Hashut in return for which the warband receives 10+D6 Gold Crowns from their sponsoring Lord.  

Any Stragglers or Prisoners gained from exploration rolls are also sold into slavery in accordance with the rules for Skaven warbands.
I do however like your rules for the fireglave and will probably nick them wholesale for my own rules :slight_smile:

Cheers

Vogon

MLP:

Cheers for the suggestions. I have thought about changing the sorcerer a little, in my mind I see him a dishonoured or young sorcerer trying to make his mark.

With the bull centaurs I kept that rule in to keep them inline with other similar creatures, but you’re right it’s probably not right, although the foreworld models don’t look so intelligent more bestial!

Good find for the slavery rule, it’s pretty simple and effective. I shall bear it in mind.

Vogon:

I’d got it into my head the Daemonsmith was a young/inexperienced sorcerer which is why I’d replace the Sorcerer with a spell casting Daemonsmith.

Curse of Stone: As a Chaos Dwarf sorcerer makes use of magic his body slowly changes, gradually turning to stone until he becomes an immobile statue the likes of which are then used to line the road to the Temple of Hashut in Zharr Naggrund. Each time a Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer rolls on the Advances table he must also roll an extra 2D6. On a roll of 2 the Sorcerer begins to be affected by the curse of stone. This increases his Toughness by 1 point but also reduces his movement by 1. This may take the Sorcerer above the racial maximum for toughness. If the Sorcerer�?Ts movement is reduced to 0 then he is sent back to Zharr Naggrund and is removed along with his equipment from the roster.