[Archive] Mordheim warbands advice

Firehammer:

Hi,

now that the Border Town Burning supplement is out for quite a while:

Does anyone have experience with Chaos Dwarf warbands of that list?

What would be a good starting composition? How many heroes, henchmen and informers? Bull Centaur too costy at the start? Equipment? How many blunderbusses? Mancatchers? Tactics?

Funny that there seem to be only modelling articles on Mordheim CDs in “Word of Hashut”!

Hashut’s Blessing:

I would say that blunderbusses have the POTENTIAL to be devastating, but only take one and use it more as a deterrent than as a killing weapon. Man-catcher are great, as long as you have an Engine of Chaos, which I would really recommend. General Mordheim advice is to take as many henchmen as possible to maximise your attacks etc, but I like to take a lot of heroes to have them advance and gather resources more swiftly. Take 2 or 3 heroes and give them the equipment that you want them to have (if it’s expencive or rare, get it now) and then take as many henchmen with cheap equipment as possible (remember, you can use a free dagger in one hand and an axe, mace or even another dagger to get two attackes per henchman) to get your numbers and 25% rout test boosted.

Just a few things I’ve picked up so far.

Auretious Taak:

Try this:

Sorcerer 85

Engine of Chaos 125

Bull Centaur 100

2 Daggers 2

Gaoler 50

2 Daggers 2

Gaoler 50

2 Daggers 2

Chaos Dwarf Warrior 40

2 Daggers 2

Chaos Dwarf Warrior 40

2 Daggers 2

Total = 500gc’s.

After your first battle, Rabbits feet to all the heroes then get a better secondary weapon like a hammer to everyone. Pick up extra separate henchmen group Chaos Dwarf Warriors as well as you go. Within the first half dozen games you should have multiple Blunderbusses being run as well. Board Control is why.

Cheers,

Auretious Taak.