[Archive] Most kick ass weapon of legend, myth, what have you

Willmark:

As it says, what is the most awesome weapon ever in fantasy, legend, myth.

Note: I put in other because someone will ask for it by the first post.

Discuss away as to why you think weapon “X” is the best, coolest etc.

(also note there are no “right answers” so go easy everyone).

Willmark:

As it says, what is the most awesome weapon ever in fantasy, legend, myth.

Note: I put in other because someone will ask for it by the first post.

Discuss away as to why you think weapon “X” is the best, coolest etc.

(also note there are no “right answers” so go easy everyone).

warh:

Shimmerstrike.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Thommy H:

Cap’s shield is objectively the best, since it’s made of vibranium which absorbs any amount of force. All of those other weapons just bounce off it.

Willmark:

Certainly the skill of the wielded comes into play, I.e Cap with his shield or Gil-galas with Aeglos. Of course that distinction could be made for any of them.

Thommy H:

Whoa, hold on, you just said weapons - there was no talk of wielders. That is a totally different poll.

cornixt:

Ha, I’m surprised you left off Luke’s (/Annakin’s) light sabre from Star Wars!

Darth Maul’s seemed cooler until the movie came out and it was a bit of a damp squib when the “mystery” turned more into “this guy has no back story nor personality”, so the original light sabre remains coolest.

Willmark:

I’m not interjecting that point. I point it out because it could matter, or it it’s all a wash.

Suffice of to say trying to establish criteria to something like this would be futile.

Zuh-Khinie:

My name is Roland, so my vote automatically goes to Durendal…

The legend states that he hewed away a part of the Pyrenee-mountains with Durendal, creating the Breche de Roland, just trying to destroy his sword so it wouldn’t fall in the hands of the Morish… his attempt to destroy it failed…

I’ve climbed the Breche, and it’s huge!

I’d like to see cpt. America try and create such a big gap in a mountainside with his shield…

Samanos:

i’d say the sword of khaine. not even cap’s shield can stop that :stuck_out_tongue:

warh:

and what’s a Mjolnir?

Willmark:

@ warh- Thor’s hammer

@ Cornixt- Obi-Wan’s was better :wink:

Thommy H:

and what's a Mjolnir?

warh
Aren't you Swedish? Surely they cover that stuff in school?

I wish in the made-up-sky-people lessons I got they spent more time on the ones with phallic hammers that could shoot lightning bolts, anyway.

Grimstonefire:

Whilst I am sorely tempted to vote for Mjolnir, I think the Blade of Khaine would be top of my list.

The Sword of Mars was also pretty awesome as legends go, not so much because it was anything special but because of what the person who wielded it went on to do.

warh:

@ warh- Thor's hammer

Willmark
and what's a Mjolnir?

warh
Aren't you Swedish? Surely they cover that stuff in school?

I wish in the made-up-sky-people lessons I got they spent more time on the ones with phallic hammers that could shoot lightning bolts, anyway.

Thommy H
Ahh, Tor's Mjölner. We only get to learn about nordic mythology the first year of school then it's those sky people and other major religions for four years, it's a shame that there is'nt much mythology in school more than a little bit of the ancient greek stuff.

Thommy H:

It’s equally made up and much more cool! If I’m going to be taught made up stories about magic giants that apparently used to show up all the time but are now mysteriously silent, I’d at least prefer them to be a little bit awesome.

Kera foehunter:

Come on !!! Captain America  shield PLEASE…

Hell, Wonder Woman indestructible bracelets are better Hands down

I vote for the guy in Conan with the big ass treestump hammer

Golder Goldeater:

I would say Mjolnir, because I ream in a mythology book that it can make whole mountains crumle.

Thommy H
I am not sure if that counts as a religion based comment, but I think we do risk getting this topic full of flaming.
The forum is pretty clear about these subjects anyway
it’s a shame that there is’nt much mythology in school more than a little bit of the ancient greek stuff.

warh
Why bother the kids with extra homework? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
If someone wants to learn mythology, he should bother to buy a book and spend some of his free time reading, like the rest of us! :slight_smile:

Abecedar:

Mjolnir may be great but Elrics “Stormbringer” gets my vote

Bolg:

I’m appalled that Captain A’s shield is in this list, that like comparing Thors hammer to… oh wait…

But my vote goes to the One Ring d: