[Archive] movement trays

Julio:

Does anyone have a fairly easy way to make some decent movement trays,

sans plasticard…or sprues? that’d be helpful.:hat off

Arlon:

i use cut up paper plate in a pinch

a white bord cut up for a project

baba yaga:

cardboard can be very usefull, also gw is releasing some new modular movementtrays by the end of the month

Kera foehunter:

i use balsa wood for the base and a triangle piece of balsa wood to be use as a edge piece. to keep the figures from falling off

cornixt:

I just use cardboard now (not the corrugated stuff). A thin strip of it around the edge. Very easy and quick

Grimstonefire:

I use plasticard, less likely to warp over time.

I will be replacing all mine soon with the new modular ones I think. Anyone else getting them?

Pyro Stick:

I will be replacing all mine soon with the new modular ones I think. Anyone else getting them?

Grimstonefire
I dont think ill get any. Knowing GW theres going to be something bad about them like one pack cant make 1 proper movement tray

Willmark:

In the past I’ve used graphic design matte board, very tough and easy to cut. I used it for a couple of my CD units so far. Now I’m using chip board its much sturdier but tougher to cut.

Julio:

what is matte board? hahaha, popular mechanics

hal:

I think balsa is the way to go. It’s cheap, easy to use and lightweight. It just needs a varnish or something along those lines to toughen it up a little.

Willmark:

what is matte board? hahaha, popular mechanics

Julio
Matte board is used in art classes and graphic design. Is similiar to poster board but much thicker, far less flexible, comes in 24"x48" sheets for about $10.00. Is fairly easy to cut with a sharp x-acto knife.

Chip board is as thick but very solid, similar in nature to balsa wood but far sturdier.