[Archive] Music for painting mini's

Alric:

Anyone else find that listening to some music helps them concentrate while painting mini’s ?

Willmark:

Yep I usually listen to soundtracks from LoTR, Braveheart, etc…

Bassman:

Anyone else find that listening to some music helps them concentrate while painting mini's ?

Alric
Well, is actually possible to paint without music? :P

P.S. nice avatar, one of my favourite moments of the movie...... if only the Nazgul had slain Gandalf.... lol :D

tjub:

Any good old Thrash or 80s Hardcore… :slight_smile:

furrie:

Got a playlist full of metal (all kinds of it) and just have it play at random :stuck_out_tongue:

Dead Kennedy:

I have been listening to a lot of Mega Driver while writing and drawing lately. They are a Brazillian band that covers old Sega Genesis/Mega Driver music, fantastic stuff and all free for download. Catches your attention, rarely (if ever) add lyrics, and they know what made game music awesome.

Borador:

Hmm… Heroic folk metal, battle metal, pagan metal, viking metal, true scottish pirate metal (alestorm, ye landlubbers =D), more folk metal, celtic metal and ehm metal? x’D

(eluveitie, turisas, ensiferum, waylander, stormwarrior, alestorm, marilyn manson, rammstein and some other stuff ;D)

Loki:

I normaly have a dvd on while i paint but if not i listen to classic rock on Plant Rock :slight_smile:

ryanamandaanna:

My wife usually watches Glenn Beck or we have Iron Chef, American Idol, or Mythbusters on.

Zanko:

Pagan folk, music from the dark age combined with electronic parts, Wave from the 80th - and no metal! :slight_smile:

:hashut

KramDratta:

I find that listening to the various podcasts (including Chaos Dwarf Radio) also helps me.

black hammer:

Gangsta rap is the way to go! Especially Ice Cube and stuff like that.

Mahtipakarat:

I used to keep tv on and listen to what ever was on at the moment, then music, but lately I have found the perfect thing for me. Audiobooks, they are perfect when painting. When modelling though I find it a bit too confusing trying to listen to a book and trying to figure out what bit goes where and how it looks.

Alric:

I used to keep tv on and listen to what ever was on at the moment, then music, but lately I have found the perfect thing for me. Audiobooks, they are perfect when painting. When modelling though I find it a bit too confusing trying to listen to a book and trying to figure out what bit goes where and how it looks.

Mahtipakarat
T.V. distracts me sometimes, hard to paint when I'm looking over my shoulder, audiobooks sounds like a cool idea.
Usually though I listen to classical music , mostly Bach.

Bassman:

If you like classic music go Hendel all the way. If you like some fancy XVII century music: Monteverdi.

Baggronor:

A truly bizarre mixture of film and game soundtracks, rock, far eastern folk music and death metal. Chaos Dwarfs tend to bring out the death metal. Or I put a film on. Something with vampires, dragons, giant robots, explosions or hotties. Preferably all at the same time (this is not necessarily a reflection of the limit of my film appreciation, rather I prefer these while painting :)).

Snotling:

Yep I usually listen to soundtracks from LoTR, Braveheart, etc...

Willmark
hehehe, this is soo cliche! :)
Well, this thread could also be called "what's your favourite music", right? I mean, doesn't it depend on the mood and the personal flavour what music you hear while painting?
For me it's different, I have my phases, I listen to the musik I just like this moment (usually I listen to Stoner Rock web radio), but the most time, I prefer a TV. When you concentrate on a minis, there is not much motion, especially when you paint at night and everything except your desk is dark ^^. So it is a welcome diversity to just turn around and see people talking moving ^^

Bassman:

Well, actually I think “what’s your favourite music” is wrong, at least for me. When I am involved in amy artistic activity like drawing or painting I prefer some kind of musicians, of course they belong to my favs but not necessary my fav’s ever. There is music I NEVER listen when I paint even tought it is some of my favourites.

Dunno why… :wink:

Bolg:

I actually like listening to TV series that are to stupid to watch but still “interesting” enough to follow. or else some nice ambient music, not much vocals. sound tracks are nice.

Kera foehunter:

Well last chirstmas some of my friends hooked me up with this group called war party

kinda mellow rap and native prayer music its great to paint to

i hope you all will enjoy it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFSkl5fA0hw&feature=related