[Archive] Musicians?

AGPO:

How many musicians do we have here? I myself play bass guitar (well) double bass and keys (not so well) and am planning to take up trumpet over the summer (I have three months holiday). Mostly I play solo bass but 've jammed in a few skit bands and played a few pubs, nothing recorded. I love soul, jazz (all kinds) and funk/funk rock. Main influences Flea and Jaco Pastorus (obviously)

Anyone else? What stuff do you like playing? Are you in a band, and if so are you gigging/recording? Who are your influences? Be interesting to find out.

Ingrown:

I play drums, bass guitar (not greatly) and a vague array of brass in either bad classical or ska. Been in and out of a few bands, which mainly revolve around me and the same bassist with different people

Canix:

I play didgeridoo and trumpet and a bit of guitar,didgeridoo mainly at the moment with friends in various jamming bands :hat

Theory_Man:

I play the trumpet mostly in community bands, and wind ensembles orchestras at college. I have also played in jazz bands small ensemble and some solo work with a piano.

I can also play the piano but nowhere near a performance level.

Vexxus:

… I sing in the shower from time to time… does that count?

torn:

i used to sing/songwrite in a metal band. didnt really take off. the bassist was fantastic though i imagine he will go a long way. seen his new bands do a few gigs. wish i had more musical talent lol. im limited to mouth organ.

asheira:

I’M GREAT ON GUITAR…hero

(refering to the game guitar hero if you didn’t catch that, though i realy play guitar)

Kera foehunter:

i play the flute and mandolin. my uncle has a blue grass band (The dusty river bottom band)

i play ok but not as good as them.

cornixt:

Euphonium and keyboards for me. Not played either in over 10 years though.

bandnerd1892:

I am a jazz saxophonist…

nerd :stuck_out_tongue:

Ancient History:

Minoring in electronic music. Which basically means I can’t play anything, but I can compose fine.

Captain Crayon:

I play banjo :slight_smile:

though im not very good.

Though one might argue that a banjo never sounds good hehe

Narflung:

Guitar and bass, Dabbled with flute, and want to get a good electric drumkit

Princess Peachie:

Minoring in electronic music. Which basically means I can't play anything, but I can compose fine.
Ohhhhh man! >_< I've wanted to do this for years.
My mum used to do it -and she still has all the equipment- but it's been stored away for ages now, and it's like... 10 years out of date for today's standards. XD
I play didgeridoo
Hahaha AWESOME! *high fives* XD

Myself- I don't play anything. -_-;;
But I REALLY want to make electronic stuff with the keyboard and synthesisers and stuff. *sniffles*

bow_for_hashut:

I play bass guitar in a death metal band (the correct term is “heavy death metal with black metal influences”) check us out @ Metalized (getmetalized) on Myspace

we’re coming out with a new demo within days!!!

AGPO:

Please note, a guitarist who goes “a bass is just a four string guitar, how hard can it be?” CANNOT ALSO CALL THEMSELVES A BASS PLAYER and if they try they will be fed to the boar centaurs

Willmark:

I am a jazz saxophonist...

nerd :P

bandnerd1892
Thats a bit redundant, don't ya think? ;)

Ingrown:

Please note, a guitarist who goes "a bass is just a four string guitar, how hard can it be?" CANNOT ALSO CALL THEMSELVES A BASS PLAYER and if they try they will be fed to the boar centaurs

AGPO
Ah but me mate whose the closest thing to a band I've been in for a while has a 6 string bass, thats good for winding up guitarists.

bandnerd1892:

I am a jazz saxophonist...

bandnerd1892
Thats a bit redundant, don't ya think? ;)

Willmark
No, not really. There are those who prefer the legit route rather than the jazz one. I can't see why anyone would do that, but whatever. Some people just don't like jazz. I for one absolutely adore it.

51la5:

I’m learning drums at the moment only had a few lessons so far.