[Archive] Mutations for the Dawi'Zharr

Willmark:

We all know that the Dawi’Zharr have minor mutations such as tusks for canine teeth and for some people, the curly beards.

However what are the thoughts here on such things as hands, heads, tentacles, etc or anything from the Chaos Warrior mutation sprue for that matter. Not applicable to Chaos Dwarves? Better left to Chaos itself? Yep they had mutations in 3rd edition! etc…

All opinions welcome.

Thommy H:

They have bull-related mutations: horns, cloven hooves, stuff like that - remember that Bull Centaurs (and even Great Tauruses and Lammasu) are mutated Dawi’Zharr, or at least their descendants. And the Sorcerers turn to stone, of course, which could be considered a kind of mutation (it’s a transformation caused by magic, anyway).

Ghrask Dragh:

I think it would be hard to justify any serious mutation to warrior classes, what with a dwarfs high reistance to magic, and the result of the sorcerers pro-longed exposure to the warp is to turn to stone as apposed to any of the mortal mutations like growing tentacles or extra arms and heads.

Maybe as a serious punishment some of the Chaos Dwarfs would be taken to their high sorcerer so he can experiment with certain mutations, aren’t boar centaurs the result of sorcerers experiments?

Xander:

They have bull-related mutations: horns, cloven hooves, stuff like that.

Thommy H
And even these are very rare.

Mutations aren't really part of the Chaos Dwarf motif. But Daemon possession might be an avenue to explore. :mask

Willmark:

Maybe as a serious punishment some of the Chaos Dwarfs would be taken to their high sorcerer so he can experiment with certain mutations,

Ghrask Dragh
Now this might be something to explore. I'm thinking along the lines that a standard bearer might have a tentacle mutation and that holds the standard aloft, nothing major but maybe a bit here and there. Perhaps a CD sorcerer plumped down a big chunk of warpstone directly on his arm...

Think about it some of the old marauder style minis have two heads! :shock:

hal:

I like the idea of daemonic possession, but I don’t think that mutation is really fitting for Chaos Dwarfs. They did of course have muties back in 3rd ed though.

Willmark:

I like the idea of daemonic possession, but I don't think that mutation is really fitting for Chaos Dwarfs. They did of course have muties back in 3rd ed though.

hal
I'm not talking about going crazy with them, maybe a few here and there that's about it. Of course its all in the interpretation.

torn:

mutation as a result to exposure to magic or warpstone is proably unlikely

mutation as a gift from hashut, or another chaos god, is likely. And theres nothing to say a dawi’zharr cant go off and worship another chaos god just as all the other races.

which springs something to mind, like red corsairs in 40k (a band of loyal turned chaos space marines not belonging to any named traitor legion) what would happen to regular dwarfs who turned chaos but werent chaos dwarves.

Willmark:

mutation as a result to exposure to magic or warpstone is proably unlikely

mutation as a gift from hashut, or another chaos god, is likely. And theres nothing to say a dawi'zharr cant go off and worship another chaos god just as all the other races.

which springs something to mind, like red corsairs in 40k (a band of loyal turned chaos space marines not belonging to any named traitor legion) what would happen to regular dwarfs who turned chaos but werent chaos dwarves.

torn

That would be an interesting as well,albeit unlikely.

wallacer:

Chaos Dwarfs are the same race as normal Dwarfs.

So, if normal Dwarfs are resistant to mutation (as they are) then the idea that Chaos Dwarfs aren’t is a non sequitur.

catbarf:

They aren’t normal Dwarfs though. It’s entirely possible that their prolonged exposure to Chaos and their heavy use of magic and demonic machinery have reduced their resistance to the effects of Chaos.

wallacer:

You’re right, that is possible. Anything is possible.

But racially, Chaos Dwarfs are still Dwarfs. I always imagined that Chaos would affect their minds and worldview more than it would actually affect their physical bodies.

But again, that’s all just conjecture.

Willmark:

Hell, we don’t agree amongst ourselves what chaos dwarves should be when it comes to hats beards or masks!

Canix:

In the fluff i am writing i am having units of veterans that have been granted! mutations as they are the 3rd ed minis so have all the inherent figures and gifts. Also i have sorcerers in ancient times having other mutations frow the warp effects of chaos mainly these are bull /lammasu mutations:D.

I like all the chaos dwarf versions so am having them all as different warriors (even if the stats are the same),IMO there is room for all under hashuts banner:hat:mask:)

wallacer:

IMO there is room for all under hashuts banner:hat:mask:)

Canix
Absolutely.
Hashut is all about the love ;)

Willmark:

IMO there is room for all under hashuts banner:hat:mask:)

Canix
Absolutely.
Hashut is all about the love ;)

wallacer
LMAO

Except for essexgirl!

torn:

when i meant chaos worshiping regular dwarf i meant one that wasnt from the dark lands, more of one from the worlds edge mountains who happened to join some dodgy cult on a visit to nuln. think of the possibilities!

Willmark:

Hmmm a cult of chaos worshipers from the Empire? Make sure to include some daemons of Tzeentch! Could work as well.

Ingrown:

I’ve got the whole two headedness with one of my hero’s but that is from extreme exposure to magic and warpstone (its a long fluff) but i like the idea of daemon possession this might give me the opening for a sorcerer conversion i’ve had in mind for a while, Cheers Xander :cheers