[Archive] my 1st 500 and 1000 point army

ha…ha…ha.SHUUT!:

Here’s my 500 pts and 1,000 pts army lists.

Would love some ideas and suggestions from anyone.

500 pts List

1 Hero w Hvy Armor, shield & Blk Hammer of Hashut = 111

20 Warriors w full command = 210

15 Hobbies on Wolves w LA, Shields = 180

Total: 501

1000 pts list

Same hero as above = 111

Sorcerer w Dispel scroll = 90

20 Warriors w full command = 210

18 BB = 216

24 Hobbies on Wolves w LA, Shields = 180

2 bolt throwers = 60

total = 999

hobblin:

Shure here’s some advice you 500pts army is illigal hobbo’s on wolfs are not core.

ha…ha…ha.SHUUT!:

D’oh! Thanks, I’ve been out of WH for over 5 years and haven’t gotten my hands on the “new” rulebook yet. Guess it’s time to grab a copy of it right away.

The Flying Beaver:

Obviously, the list is illegal as you need at least 2 units of Chaos Dwarfs. Also, I wouldn’t ever take more than 10 hobgoblin wolfriders in one unit.

cornixt:

If you are using small games rules for 500pts (and it isn’t generally worth playing such smalls games if you aren’t) then you only need one core unit.

Wolfriders are always fast cavalry so unless you have some really unusual tactics in mind it is pointless having so many models in a single unit if they can’t even get a rank bonus.

The Flying Beaver:

Generally, cornixt, people play using the warbands rules at 500 or less. Two core units are still needed, however, the minimum unit size is a mere 3 models (or two for cavalry).

metro_gnome:

there is also border patrol tho…
and that only requires one core unit…

this is a legal border patrol list…
well except that the point values are off… this wolf boy unit costs 195…
but yes it should be the first thing to change… drop 5 of them… yes 5… and pick up a musician…
i’d also change your hero to armor of Gaz and great weapon… hits as hard… is better protected… and cheaper…
with the 70 or so points saved id get a Boltthrower (sadly you could only get one under border patrol rules)…
and bring your dwarf unit up to 25 US… and leave a spot for your character…

with the 1k id give yourself the same hero as above…
and split these wolfboyz into two units of 10 (or 12 if you must) with musicians…
remember to leave spaces in your units for your characters…

ha…ha…ha.SHUUT!:

thanks guys, quick question as I haven’t read the new rules yet, what’s so good about musicians now?

metro_gnome:

well musicians are useful on fast cav units because they are often used to flee from an unfavourable charge…
being in a postion to charge the offending unit next turn…
at Ld6 there is a significant chance that your wolf boyz may flee right off the board…
a +1 Ld to this test can be quite helpful… especially considering the grotesque unit siz of our wolf boyz…
if the unit bolts thass a lot of points down the drain…

but this is not a new tactic by any means…