[Archive] My CD Juggernaut Conversion!

Kyte:

This is my scratch-built Chaos Dwarf Juggernaut Siege Engine. The thing is made from plasticard, greenstuff, balsa, brownstuff and a lot of bits. All the levels and the 4 crewmen as well as the slave ogre are detachable for easier painting. The gun sticking out of its eues is a CSM Heavy Bolter. The crossbowmen aren’t converted yet, and my favourite crewman is the gunner (The fat guy with the tool strapped to his belt:

I know that I also posted it in my Blog, but most people don’t check blogs, so I thought it needed a thread of it’s own.

Thanks

- Kyte

Pyro Stick:

Absolutely awesome. I want it. Outshines mine by far. Paint it! and add more towers. How did you make the wheels? Thats whats holding me back with mine.

Kyte:

The wheels are made from old coins. I covered them in superglue and washed them to get a rough effect. Then I added a spokes.

Thanks

- Kyte

Canix:

Awesome work there have some slaves to help you paint it:hat off

I will make one ,one day:rolleyes:

:hashutHASHUT IS HAPPY:hashut

zagor66:

May you kill many many with this machine of destruction , your wisdom is infinite!

AGPO:

The wheels are made from old coins. I covered them in superglue and washed them to get a rough effect. Then I added a spokes.

Thanks

- Kyte

Kyte
But don't forget that "desicrating the Queen's face" is still a crime in the UK and parts of the commonwealth. I use coins for my bases but I have to stick the models to the "tails" side as if I put flock over the queen's head I am braking the law and can't use the models in GW stores

Xander:

Looking truly awesome! Well done Kyte!

Bill-117:

Uh… that’s a sucky rule.

Aren’t Euros like, multinational? Use those.

AGPO:

I suppose there are no such rules if you exchange them and use them in England. We don’t use the Euro over here but I suppose foreign coins could be an option - they’d look at you funny if you asked for �10 worth of nickels. I use coins for basing because I really like the look of flat bases for 40K

Ingrown:

Kyte arnt you from denmark? cos crowns have a hole in the middle which i guess would make them quite good for wheels. i’ve got aload left from when me an ma mate drove thru on way to sweden bout a month ago. I love christainhaven

Kyte:

As I look at the pictures, I realise how crappy they actually are! There’s not even a side shot. About painting it, I will, but it might take a while because it still needs a lot of detailing.

And about all the coin stuff, I am from Denmark, and Danish coins (Crowns) have got holes in the middle, which makes them perfect for wheels, however these are old outdated coins from the 1930’s that my father had lying around, so I haven’t commited a crime…

Thanks

- Kyte

cornixt:

Uh... that's a sucky rule.

Aren't Euros like, multinational? Use those.

Bill-117
It isn't an enforced law, so no need to worry about it.

Bill-117:

Awesome… can you attach the picture next time instead of posting it in the body? I can’t see it… Hashut is unhappy with my browser.

Willmark:

What browser are you using. And if you tell me Internet Explorer, Hashut might have to hurt you. Try Firefox.

Pyro Stick:

What browser are you using. And if you tell me Internet Explorer, Hashut might have to hurt you. Try Firefox.

Willmark
Internet Explorer is actually the devil of browsers. Firefox is our saviour.

Rumi:

about the whole coin thingy, I believe in australia that it is a crime too, kinda silly and can you really not use them in GW stores AGPO? Thats kinda funny :stuck_out_tongue: back on topic that jugger looks really good but to quote Kyte himself it may need a few more angles… please? The commander looks nice and hardcore, may I ask you if you plan to conmvert those crossbowmen? Coz I would to see what you could do with them :cheers: The ogre idea makes more sense than the old boar centaur and is in theme with current “official” fluff :stuck_out_tongue:

Kera foehunter:

All around great job !! great job with the green stuff like the guy with the gun

Bill-117:

I’m FireFox ftw. Although, Explorer shows forum pictures more reliably than FF. :confused:

On FF, it’s just like a normal space in the text. At least of Asplorer, it’s the box with the white and red X.

Willmark:

Sounds like it might be time for the old nuke from orbit routine…

AGPO:

Uh... that's a sucky rule.

Aren't Euros like, multinational? Use those.

Bill-117
It isn't an enforced law, so no need to worry about it.

cornixt
Um, hate to break it to you cornixt, but the rule is indeed enforced some of the time. It depends what kind of arseholes you're dealing with, but many store managers enforce it, and in the past staffers I know have been made to rip the bases off their marines because some legal ass came down and whined
about the whole coin thingy, I believe in australia that it is a crime too, kinda silly and can you really not use them in GW stores AGPO? Thats kinda funny :P

Rumi
See above. It's okay if the queen's head is on the bottom as its not covered in flock. At least thats the UK rule. I think its just GW HQ being paranoid as with the LotR board rules