[Archive] My Chaos dwarf conversions

RichardC1967:

OK, so I bought 74 dwarves fromEM4Miniatures for $30.00 and am gonna do a bit of converting…I have 70 with great axe.I will do 30 infernal with GW, and two units of 20 each with blunderbus(lots of greenstuff will be used!!) the other 4 I have are spearman and they will be used for standard bearers and/or musicians…pictures and commentary to follow

RichardC1967:

the bases are too big so I removed them,but left the little bits under their boots to give them a little height(the way I base my minis, it won’t be noticeable)

RichardC1967:

I based them on some cheap resin bases and added chaos warrior heads(I’ll be doing some greenstuff work,beards, hair…etc) the bodies seem a little small for dwarves, so I plan on building them up with marauder bits, such as shoulder pads and capes.The 40 blunderbuss troops will have the axe head cut off, and I will build up the haft into a blunderbuss.I already have 20 Forgeworld infernals with fireglaives on the way, so I really don’t need any more(I originally bought these minis as allies to my WOC army, and don’t want to start collecting a full CD army).

RichardC1967:

here they are compared to an “Avatars of War” Chaos Dwarf Lord(he’ll be my Castellan) and a FW Deamonsmith…once I get them finished and painted up they should look great…be patient guys, I have 70 of these to do and I’m a slooow painter/converter…stay tuned

RichardC1967:

what are your opinions on the horned helmets on CD’s…horns or no horns?

tjub:

I really like them being less bulky than most CDs, a mix of helmets would be best IMO.

RichardC1967:

I really like them being less bulky than most CDs, a mix of helmets would be best IMO.

tjub
yea, I need to buy about 60 more helmets now..I just made a few more CD's a standard bearer, overseer and musician..its late here so I'll post a few more pics tomorrow

gIL^:

They would look great with horns.

Good work so far!

Stepper:

Go with the horns matey, they look ubercool

Ciao,

Stepper

fairoaks024:

very nice start, i’m already getting the ‘chaos dwarf’ vibe from them.

i agree with stepper, horns look good.

regards

jim

RichardC1967:

thanks guys…I’ll keep plugging away until they are done…stay tuned

cornixt:

Those Chaos Warrior heads make a HUGE difference, they look very good!

RichardC1967:

Those Chaos Warrior heads make a HUGE difference, they look very good!

cornixt
Thanks..once I get them all done to that point I'll start greenstuffing the beards, hair..etc..I don't have enough WOC helmets right now and I'm buying up all I can find on EBAY..hopefully I'll be able to get them finished soon..I will post more ASAP

CopperPot:

That forgeworld Daemonsmith in the picture, thats a funny looking resin colour is he ill.

RichardC1967:

That forgeworld Daemonsmith in the picture, thats a funny looking resin colour is he ill.

CopperPot
no..he's Chinese..lol

gIL^:

CopperPot
no..he's Chinese..lol

RichardC1967
Ahhh clever, Pseudo racism :P

Saying that ive had Forgeworld that's been that shade, Hell ive had creamy resin from forgeworld.

RichardC1967:

CopperPot
What color is he supposed to be?

CopperPot:

Every Forgeworld model I have bought has been a light shade of greyish white, yours looks like a darker grey which leads me to believe he is a re-cast.

fairoaks024:

I wouldn’t jump to that conclusion,

I bought mine from the forgeworld stand

at a show and he was the same colour, and

i’ve also had a couple of other FW models

that were cream coloured too,

Regards

Jim

RichardC1967:

Every Forgeworld model I have bought has been a light shade of greyish white, yours looks like a darker grey which leads me to believe he is a re-cast.

CopperPot
naw, he just likes sitting on the beach in the sun ...:o