[Archive] My Chicago GT Khorne Demonic Legion Army Updated 11/14/10

Obsidian:

Very impressive! :hat off

Baggronor:

Seriously cool army. Loving the blood-drenched bases, and the repositioned Thirster rocks, a big improvement on the model imo.

Fequiil:

i really like that armour you sculpted on!

tjub:

Awesome! :slight_smile:

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Da Crusha:

beautiful army, I remember seeing it on the GW sight, I think. I saved a pic of it. very impressive modeling skills. BUT SO MUCH NICER WITH ALL OF THESE CLOSE UPS! Here is the pic I have http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/edogtothemoon/m2050015_ChiGT_40K_Army_Features_Shawn_Welte_Image.jpg

dncswlf:

Wow. Love how every base is its own little diorama! Great work!!!

Unzul:

wow… very very bloody…

PsychosisPC:

Many thanks for the kind words. I very much appreciate them.

The next of my Khorne Heralds on foot. Like the previous I wanted to armor him up a bit more than my regular blood letters.

Also thought about changing up the weapons to make him stand out a bit more. This one I gave an axe. A sort of brutal looking axe. Something I have had for awhile. Its from Reaper Miniatures.

The basing is done up like the rest of my minis in this army, blood pools with heads and sometimes demonic hands reaching up from the depths of hell.

Another view of the head in the blood pool and the oposite side of the axe.

The other reason to paint your weapons like this is to play up the whole Hellstorm Blade demonic weapon bit.

Nicodemus:

Great choice of axe, love how he turned out, particularly the axe blade. Was thinking about doing something similar for one of my units of Chaos Dwarf Warriors… but I hadn’t seen a method I liked until recently. I’m adding this style to my short list of ‘good’ methods :wink: Is he part of a larger unit?

How did you do the blood? Looks very good and much better than just red paint which is how mine always turn out… hence never doing this effect :wink:

The_Bear_in_the_Hat:

Beautiful model. I also like how from some angles it looks like it’s offering someone a drink across a noisey bar.

nitroglysarine:

Now that’s a fine looking demon!

great paint job!

PsychosisPC:

Thanks for the compliments guys.  Much appreciated.

Is he part of a larger unit?

How did you do the blood?
Being a Herald on foot he’ll mostly join the bloodletter units.  With 8th edition rule changes, I thought it might help my all Khorne demon army survive shooting and magic that was beefed up.  Hasn’t helped much.

The blood on the base, I start by smoothing out the base with sand paper, paint it in the reds that you want, then use a heavy viscous body gloss clear.  In this case I used Cabbots gloss clear for wood working projects.

Fequiil:

awesome axe+awesome armour= awesome herald!

PsychosisPC:

I really do love these old models, they have so much more character than the plastics. As I stated previously when I was building and converting the plastics these models are what influenced me to take the naked plastics and add armor and tabbards to them. I needed to bolster the ranks of my army a little to make it more playable for 8th edition.

Well here they are…almost done. As you can see the banner is bare. Eventually I will put something on that, but for now it is as bare as it gets.

—PPC

dncswlf:

Blood for the blood God! These rock!

Swissdictator:

These are amazing. Again, keep up the wonderful work.

Are you going to WAAAGHPACA? If so, I hope to see them in person! :slight_smile:

Loki:

Awesome work these are some amazing models :slight_smile:

tjub:

Love them! :slight_smile:

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

PsychosisPC:

Thanks guys. Much appreciated. Not a whole lot left to this army, I will probably paint up a few standards, and then I will add a Demon-Prince as the last model and that is it.

Waaaghpaca! Pic of my trophy that I won last year with this army, life-size Orc helmet. Very cool piece. Made by the tourney organizer.

At this point I’m undecided whether I will play or not, I’m leaning towards not playing. I may however make a cameo appearance.

Abecedar:

Don’t know if outstanding has been mentioned, so I’ll add it to the long list of compliments. So much time , effort and imagination I just get awestruck looking at them.