[Archive] My Dark Elf army is the greatest power for evil!

nitroglysarine:

Consider this, is sitting at home playing say wow not getting any exercise better than doing basically the same, being social with people basically roleplaying wow and getting exercise?
I'd say its better, and on a par in geek level. ;P

Best quote my mate made was 'i'm not a geek i'm a level 9 Necromancer.

nitroglysarine
I didn't make the comparison with World of Wimps now did I? I made the comparison to us, the super cool Warhammer players.

Surgeon-High Priests Warning:
Posts of geeks calling other geeks geeks should not be taken too seriously.

And *yes* there is a nerd hierarchy as seen by previous poster.

snowblizz
Sorry it was an example. ;P

GRNDL:

Nor video game developers… Although I guess that might fall in at the top spot with Writers and Artists.

snowblizz:

Nor video game developers... Although I guess that might fall in at the top spot with Writers and Artists.

GRNDL
Yup.

Anyone making the stuff other people obsess about is clearly cooler than those obsessing about it. :~

Unless they are making the stuff because they obsess about it. Ie "fan"-fic/model/game writers/artists/developers.

Which is why Baggranor is less cool than those of us not creating a line of "faux" CDs. Sorry Baggranor. Feel free to mercilessly pick on this nerd! Pants him, give him wedgies or whatever it is we are suppose to do to people nerdier than us.:D

Of course Baggranor is free to retaliate on his customers who are then much nerdier than him placing him on the top of his own little flowchart as a producer. Yeah, it's complicated!

Thorne:

Oh It could be far far worse. To pick up on a point I read a while back in the topic I did find that many of the people here are refering to LARP. As a famous topic of conversation and the pinicle of Geekyness. I however have known Hardcore supposed ACW reinactors walking around Walmart in full uniform and bayonetts affixed to belts. Having a statement listed on youtube as ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY WALK INTO WALMART is simply discounted. I think its the passion for what ever you enjoy to pass your time all hits us in a odd way. Sometimes to a degree that can be almost scary as Dark elf army guy or I want my girlfreind to be a dark elf and lets face it if we were all the same it would be a rather boring life.

snowblizz:

I think its the passion for what ever you enjoy to pass your time all hits us in a odd way. Sometimes to a degree that can be almost scary as Dark elf army guy

Thorne
The issue here is that "Dark Elf army guy" isn't real, and is in fact mocking us. OK, sure, we can call it humour but this is the Warhammer equivalent of a Minstrel show.

cornixt:

That Geek Hierachy is pretty accurate, although it seems that video gamers should have it’s own line. You’ve got those who only play FPS at the top, and those who play WoW at the bottom. I remember a friend being upset that video consoles were in the toy section of a store because it made it seem like a kiddie thing.

Nerd snobbery works in both directions though. Some nerds will consider you lesser than them if you haven’t memorised the entire Monty Python/LOTR/Star Wars/etc. All snobbery is stupid IMO.

Thorne:

The issue here is that "Dark Elf army guy" isn't real, and is in fact mocking us. OK, sure, we can call it humour but this is the Warhammer equivalent of a Minstrel show.

snowblizz
But isnt that the point ? I will even go as far as quoting a wiki article "consistently packed with families from all walks of life and every ethnic group" and surely if its a mock on warhammer players doesnt it make sence that he is either scared or intimidated by the complexity and the many fascets of the hobby

Sculpting, Painting, Modeling, Scratch building, Tactics, Planning, Budgeting, statistics, Maths and many other different things that the hobby can offer more than BOOM My dark elf repeater bolt thrower ;)

cornixt:

It’s so obviously a comedy (the goblins in the front are a giveaway :wink: ), and he’s not mocking anyone, he’s just playing a weird character. I found it funny.

Baggronor:

You've got those who only play FPS at the top, and those who play WoW at the bottom.
You appear to have those back to front ;)
those of us not creating a line of "faux" CDs.
'Faux' CDs? I don't see any giant hats or stupid moustaches on my Dwarves, let alone a flying cow ;P
The issue here is that "Dark Elf army guy" isn't real, and is in fact mocking us.
I found him funny, though I'm not actually sure if I was laughing with him or at him.

snowblizz:

those of us not creating a line of "faux" CDs.
'Faux' CDs? I don't see any giant hats or stupid moustaches on my Dwarves, let alone a flying cow ;P

Baggronor
Mmm-huh. Hence 'faux' CD. Not quite the real thing. ;P

Of course it could also be an expression from those green with envy :sick

Would you not agree however that you were inspired to do these on account of the "original" Chaos Dwarfs by GW?

Bolg:

hashuts lil helper
Lol, were are we in this? I always considered myself above Roleplaying nerds (:

nitroglysarine:

I’d refute any attempt to say that larper are on a par with trekies who can speak klingon!

That’s far more effort than we put in to larp!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Baggronor:

Would you not agree however that you were inspired to do these on account of the "original" Chaos Dwarfs by GW?
Not the original ones, no. The Hellcannon ones, however ;) Big hats never appealed to me, it wasn't until they released the Hellcannon that I got into CDs and the possibilities that evil Dwarves in general present.

cornixt:

You've got those who only play FPS at the top, and those who play WoW at the bottom.
You appear to have those back to front ;)

Baggronor
Really? That WoW players think of themselves as being less-nerdy than FPS players? Many FPS players seem to be jocks with a console and they wouldn't even be doing online gaming if they didn't get to swear at their friends while shooting them in the head.

snowblizz:

Not the original ones, no. The Hellcannon ones, however ;) Big hats never appealed to me, it wasn't until they released the Hellcannon that I got into CDs and the possibilities that evil Dwarves in general present.

Baggronor
I was talking about the GW models, said "original" in case someone would refute the "originalness" of GW's models. Points was yours are "fan fic" versions the GW product. Not saying they aren't pretty damned cool and such. Just that in the chart they sort as fan-made.

Baggronor:

Points was yours are "fan fic" versions the GW product. Not saying they aren't pretty damned cool and such.
So, are Mantic fan-fic too then? Or AoW? ;)
Many FPS players seem to be jocks with a console and they wouldn't even be doing online gaming if they didn't get to swear at their friends while shooting them in the head.
The ones I know are very geeky, they are also very good at the games. They're the ones who play for 8+ hours at a time running around the same maps, getting stupidly good. But yeah, I suppose there's fewer meathead jocks in wow.

Thorne:

But yeah, I suppose there's fewer meathead jocks in wow.

Baggronor
Yes how very true, But remember "Im Mister T(horne) and Im a night elf Mo-Hawk ! "

(Sorry couldnt resist it)

snowblizz:

Points was yours are "fan fic" versions the GW product. Not saying they aren't pretty damned cool and such.
So, are Mantic fan-fic too then? Or AoW? ;)

Baggronor
Both Manic and AoW would qualify as "real". They got the whole package, rules, minis everything. And they used to get paid by GW (the Alpha male) to do this before they quit/fired/left.

When all is said and done though you're still in essence a self-publisher.

Baggronor:

Both Manic and AoW would qualify as "real". They got the whole package, rules, minis everything. And they used to get paid by GW (the Alpha male) to do this before they quit/fired/left.

When all is said and done though you're still in essence a self-publisher.
Well, I don't see how that makes their Chaos Dwarfs (sorry, Khaos Dwarfs ;)) any less 'faux' than mine. Making more sales or having employees doesn't affect the nature of the idea.
I'm writing rules too, but I don't see why that would make my figures more genuine or less genuine than all the other myriad creators big or small.

Its true that I am a one man band, but if I didn't tell people, many wouldn't know. Most assume at first that I have a bunch of employees to do the art and website and casting and so forth.

Anyway, this is going off-topic.