[Archive] My new army, from the Black Fortress

Threadbare:

Collect one unit then paint it before getting more. Thats a good plan. I’m more of the collect a whole army then stare at the overwhelming amount of models that need paint type.

Thats a great looking unit you have there. Can’t wait to see whats next.

Where do you get your flexible magnetic sheets from? Been wanting to make some movement trays.

Borador:

Good looking unit!

Keep them coming!

Coopervisor:

Where do you get your flexible magnetic sheets from? Been wanting to make some movement trays.

Threadbare
I got it from eBay, it is a 0.6mm thickness and A4 sized. (link to the same seller I used)

I've been looking through the Tamurkhan book and have come up with a rough list as follows:

Drazhoath the Ashen

Castellan - BSB, Mask of the Furnace, Shield, Potion of Speed (joins the IG unit)
Daemonsmith Sorcerer - Level 2, Ruby ring of ruin, charmed shield (stands watch over the warmachines)

Infernal Guard x20 - Fireglaives
Infernal Guard x23 - Full command

2x Deathshrieker Rockets
Magma Cannon
Bull Centaurs x6 - Great Weapons (plan to use the Fimir until suitable miniatures are released)

Dreadquake Mortar - Slave Ogre, Hellbound

Should just about all fit into 2500. I know it's a very small list with hardly any infantry, but as I want to use Forgeworld miniatures only, it will allow me to do that. It could also easily be themed around a small contingent led by Drazhoath back from the battle at Nuln.

Hopefully I'll have something else to show off soon.

DAGabriel:

Nice ones, IG will be my next unit and am fearing to rank them up!
Like the coloring, only the drumskin seems to be a bit off-color.

ChungEssence:

Really impressive looking regiment.

I really like it. Great colours.

Coopervisor:

Well, seeing as I’ve ordered the daemonsmith tri-pack, I thought I better get round to getting my next addition closer to being finished:

Tried to keep it dark and heavily washed for the most part, even tried mixing some washes with gloss varnish to get an oily look to some of the parts, doesn’t really show so will continue trying new things. Not looking forward to painting the lava as it’s not something I’ve done before.

Threadbare:

Thanks for the link.

Cannon is looking good so far, keep at it. Looking forward to seeing the daemonsmiths painted up.

Coopervisor:

WIP shot of the Magma Cannon:

Cannon is almost done, crew are only blu-tacced on for now.

Want to get this finished over the weekend as next week I’ll be visiting Warhammer World and buying Drazhoath and some Fimir.

The Daemonsmiths are on hold for now, until I can get round to buying a good quality very fine detail brush, as they’re gonna need it to do them justice :S

JonJon:

where did you get the hellsmith ?

Jon

Coopervisor:

where did you get the hellsmith ?

Jon

JonJon
I managed to find somebody on Warseer making a bulk buy at the last Gamesday so managed to pay just cost + postage for him to pick me one up.

And for another update:

Finished the Magma Cannon, well to a good table top standard I think. Still not sure about the magma, which was something I struggled to get to look right.

Had a nice afternoon at Warhammer World, wandering round the display cabinets. Last time I went at least 50% of the stuff was out "on campaign", but this pretty much the only thing missing were some of the new vampire counts.

Also picked up Drazhoath the Ashen and 6x Fimir, which are soaking in some washing up liquid and water, ready to clean and assemble tomorrow after work. I'll get some photos of them up on the resin bases I bought as well.

Borador:

Make sure to take pictures of all the seperate parts of Drazhoath for the wiki! (:

Looking forward to seeing the fimir and him painted!

Magma cannon looks nice!

Ghrask Dragh:

Lava looks awesome, magma cannons galore today :smiley: good luck with Drazhoath

Coopervisor:

I forgot to take photos of all the bits :S

But to show I’ve not been too lazy, here is a work in progress shot of where I’m upto on Drazhoath, or more correctly Cinderbreath:

Decided to leave off some of the dangly bits. The wings, throne and rider being separate and I’m working on it bit by bit, trying not to rush too much.

Fairly happy with the skin tone, but been worrying about the effect on the eyes/nostrils to break up the skin tone.

Borador:

Looks good!

I’d say you’ll have to try that in photoshop or something to make sure you like that effect on the entire skin but I’ll bet that it will look good, brightens him up a little bit, which I like, as it brings the detail out more.

Zuh-Khinie:

Just out of curiosity, do you think an old CD mounted character would fit on the new taurus?

ryanamandaanna:

That looks amazing, cooper!

Zuh-Khinie- You could, but it would take some modification in the leg region…

vulcanologist:

Looks mighty fine! Nearly finished my own Taurus too it’s a great model!

Ravenswood:

Nice skin tone, good metalics. Maybe need add some kind of rust/patina on metallics?

The Besieger:

Nice painting skills in this army bolg :).

The skin tune is great… and the model is placed on a nice base.

You will do the same skin tune on the wings?

Coopervisor:

Bit of an update on Cinderbreath:

Tried out painting fire on the hand on the throne (that comes out of the Drazhoath’s “soul bowl”), but will see it better once I start on the rider.

And here it is with the rest of the force I have, including the parts that are finished and the parts yet to be started!