[Archive] My new war machine

Willmark:

This explains why I’ve been on less on the site:

The lights on the tractor got used last night as I finished mowing in the dark after we got home from soccer for the kids.

I’ve also been battling the vagaries of the weather. My new house is about two miles south of Lake Ontario so we get interesting weather patterns. Last year was drought like conditions where it didn’t rain for 2 months. Where we have grass it’s actually thick, but the lawn is spotty. Just reseeded for the 5th time. Next up is natural- organic fertilizer as the builders use “fill” to create ones yard. For those not in the know, fill is a euphemism for hard packed dirt filled with stone, scrap building materials, glass, concrete, broken pavement, etc. It takes time to turn this into topsoil. Best way to do that? Think of the end result of ones food consumption…

Looking into some fertilizer which is actually human waste that is baked two to three times rendering it safe for use. Bottom line is I won’t be taking the lawn for granted anytime soon.

Yodrin:

Gz with a great new boy toy :slight_smile:

Willmark:

It has a beer, errr cup holder too. Clever guys those engineers.

Bassman:

It has a beer, errr cup holder too. Clever guys those engineers.

Willmark
Ahahaha, could an American survive without such an optional? :D

But jockes good purchase.....

cornixt:

My back yard was formed by the construction company scraping the ground to the appropriate level, so I ended up with hard clay and river rocks. Even with a few inches of soil and a layer of sod/turf, the lawn took ages to get established, while the undeveloped part still doesn’t grow weeds in some areas!

Ride on mowers should be sold with the slogan “So you can get away from your family and drink beer while they think you are working hard”

Yodrin:

Ride on mowers should be sold with the slogan "So you can get away from your family and drink beer while they think you are working hard"

cornixt
ROFL

Willmark:

Duh! Why do you guys think I didn’t get a faster or zero turn one?

Kera foehunter:

lol the sign of you getting old a riding mower with a cup holder and light …

great job Willmark …your like the Jeffersons your moving on up