[Archive] My store wil be in a TV movie

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Hi everyone!

I just had a TV promoter come in and ask me permission to use my storefront in a TV movie called “The 12 Men of Xmas”.

They’re going to re-dress the store front to make it look like a hardware store, but I’m getting some $$ for the use of the building.

Filming will be next Friday and will only have people walking by the storefront for the afternoon. They should be done filming by the end of the night, at which time the movie crew will restore my original storefront.

Should be fun!

Kera foehunter:

omg !! your so lucky !! this is great do you get a camero ??

snowblizz:

omg !! your so lucky !!    this is great  do you get a camero ??

Kera foehunter
Insane Shopkeeper nr.3 ?

But how boring that it has to be a hardware store... no imagination among those tv/movie makers. Bloody mainstreamers.

Grimstonefire:

Just make sure that they do restore it before they go! It would be sneaky to say ‘yeah, those other guys will do it…’ then they all clear off and you’d have to pay for it.

GRNDL:

Stick a CDO sign in the window!! We might be able to get some exposure!!

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Yeah, I’d like it to say “Monster Hobbies” so I get the exposure…but I’l take their $500 that they’re going to offer me. Not a bad deal for one of the slowest months of summer! :smiley:

The ironic part is that the store USE to be a hardware store in the 1940’s.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Do us proud and jump out into each take yelling “HASHUT!” :smiley:

Kera foehunter:

make shure they don’t drink before they put the store back to the way it was

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Hi guys!

There is a hardware store in town, but it’s on the other end of town. I also think that they want to have a “City Block” and our hardware stores are basically stand alone stores.

What actually puzzles me is that it’s suppose to be a X-mas movie, so why eliminate a hobby store from the film? I mean, aren’t we X-mas?

I can see if they think “Monster Hobbies” sounds offensive, or whatever, but why not change it to “Happy Hobbies” or something?

Anyway, High River, Alberta is suppose to be transformed into Bute, Montanna in this movie, so I doubt any tourists will be flocking down here in droves trying to discover High River.

Rozina and Julie are doing fine and we’re expecting another baby in Feb '10.

Kera foehunter:

lol why its a x- mas story because you have 6’ of snow still

Tarrakk Blackhand:

No…in fact, they’re going to line the street with fake snow and then wash the sidewalk to make it look semi-melted.

Kera foehunter:

you have to get some of that fake snow for winter lol

snowblizz:

No...in fact, they're going to line the street with fake snow and then wash the sidewalk to make it look semi-melted.

Tarrakk Blackhand
LOL!

Yeah why film in the winter, when it actually is cold...

Ah, it is almost as silly as when we gamers take a real rock and then paint it to look fake real.

Sojourn:

ahhhh, the magic of the movies…

I’m surprised there isn’t STILL some snow trying to melt out there :wink: but that sounds so cool, was the shooting chaotic!? did you get to watch? :slight_smile:

Tarrakk Blackhand:

No Sojourn, it’s THIS Friday, the 17th.

There hasn’t been snow here since April.

Sojourn:

No Sojourn, it's THIS Friday, the 17th.

There hasn't been snow here since April.

Tarrakk Blackhand
ahhh, sorry, didn't read carefully enough I suppose!

how far are you from Calgary, I thought you guys got a summer snowstorm recently ;)

wallacer:

Do us proud and jump out into each take yelling "HASHUT!" :D

Ishkur Cinderhat
That would take care of Snowblizz's "Insane Shopkeeper nr.3" suggestion...

Tarrakk Blackhand:

We’re 45 min south of Calgary. Usually we just get hail around April/May, but it only lasts for a day.