[Archive] Necrons

Joshmohr:

Im starting a new necrons armie, what would you all recommend? Im thinking the battle force+a Lord.

Servius:

It really depends… What do you want to do with the army… I would say start with the Battleforce… but wait on the lord. and proxy both the destroyer lord and the foot lord. Personally I like the destroyer lord as he is tougher to kill. but thats me… I also run alot as far as Destroyers when i played them… I believe i ran 9 most of the time… But you have be be careful in that kind of list as your phase out is rather quick if you get out manouvered.

Joshmohr:

‘played them’??? Do you have any you do not need/for sale?

Servius:

long since sold… though i know about a guy selling one… heres his info.

http://war-hammers.webs.com/apps/blog/entries/show/765162-necrons-for-sale-

He had a pretty balanced assortment of stuff to get someone started.

Joshmohr:

Quick question… The battle force has 3 destroyers, 8 scarab swarms, and 28 warriors right? (I can convert 5 warriors to immortals, with ease.) Amazon has one for $12 less than GW

Servius:

Quick question... The battle force has 3 destroyers, 8 scarab swarms, and 28 warriors right? (I can convert 5 warriors to immortals, with ease.)   Amazon has one for $12 less than GW

Joshmohr
I believe it does... Yes.. As far as converting the immortals.. I guess you could. Personally I think they are too expensive to take.. I would rather just take more warriors..

Pyro Stick:

I would wait until the new ones have been released. The lords are getting completely redesigned and the c’tan might be taken out.

two_heads_talking:

the problem is Pyro, that waiting will increase the cost of everything… June is the magic price increase date.

Servius:

aye… but its for mostly fantasy and the Battleforces/Battalion boxes not regular stuff as far as i know… who knows though for sure. I would agree with one point… Buy warriors and Destroyers… I highly doubt their models will change and you will need the warriors regardless…