[Archive] Need a recipe for a good bronze color

Stampy:

Hey folks;

Does anyone have a good way to paint a bronze color that isn’t to bright or to dark? My chaos dwarfs are going for the sooty, forge worker look. Thanks in advance.

NoisyAssassin:

“Not too bright or too dark” is a little ambiguous. My recipie is super easy, but it might be a little too bright for you

If you want I can look up the names of the colors I used when I get home. Very simple method using a base color and two highlights.

Cheers!

RichardC1967:

like this?

Grimbold Blackhammer:

In the past I’ve used a recipe that was GW Bronze (whatever they called it), flesh wash, GW Bronze, and then highlight with GW bronze mixed with a tiny bit of Chainmail mixed in.

No offense but I’d stay away from the copper-looking armour. It looks low-quality where as Chaos Dwarves are the finest smiths in the world.

Grimbold Blackhammer

RichardC1967:

In the past I've used a recipe that was GW Bronze (whatever they called it), flesh wash, GW Bronze, and then highlight with GW bronze mixed with a tiny bit of Chainmail mixed in.

No offense but I'd stay away from the copper-looking armour.  It looks low-quality where as Chaos Dwarves are the finest smiths in the world.

Grimbold Blackhammer

Grimbold Blackhammer
you know Chaos Dwarfs aren't real right?...;P

burock:

i have been using a copper-like color schema. here s the recipe if you re interested: http://garganthar.blogspot.com/2012/01/first-chaos-dwarfs-are-ready.html

G.2:

I have a really simple formula here;

Standing Small: Cannon

If you want to make the bronze more dull, then I would add more gun metal paint to the  mixture.

Here are a couple of photos, (it is the barrel which is painted bronze).

rpitts2004:

RichardC1967
WHAT!?!?!?!?  When did this happen?

RichardC1967:

RichardC1967
WHAT!?!?!?!?  When did this happen?

rpitts2004
last week..didn't you get the memo?..:o