[Archive] New 2000 pt army

Ironborn:

I play in a small gaming club with friends and this weekend we are having our 11th tournament. The tournament players are going to be Ogres, High Elves and Empire. I’ve been re-tooling a list for the tournament and i would like some feedback. This is for 2000 pts

Dark Castellean

-Sword of Might

-Ench Shield

-Talisman of Endurance

Dark Castellean

-BSB

Daemonsmith

-LVL 1

-Dispell Scroll

28 Infernal Guard

-HW, Shield

29 Infernal Guard

-HW, Shield

Magma Cannon

Magma Cannon

Deathshrieker

Hellcannon

6 Bull Centaurs

-add HW and champion

Ironborn:

No comments?

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

nilbog:

A few comments:

I don’t think you need two dark castellans. Stick with one as a bsb and give him protective gear.

You’ve got about 750 points in core. At 2k, I’d run one unit of infernal guard and one unit of hobgoblins to just cover the core 25%.

I’d put full command on the bull centaurs if you’re running 6, and add the gleaming pennant since they’re likely out of the bsb range for rerolls.

You should have enough points for a destroyer with those changes. You need something else fast to work with the bull centaurs.

Ironborn:

Good advice, i decided to make some adjustments. I couldn’t fit the Destroyer with the Hellcannon because of the restriction on rare points in 2000 but i adjusted the list to create a similar effect. Here’s the new one.

Dark Castellean

-General

-Mask of Furnace

- GW

Daemonsmith

-Lvl 1

29 Infernal Guard

-HW and Shield

-40 Hobgoblins

-Horde (4 ranks of 10)

-Bows

Magma Cannon

Magma Cannon

Deathshrieker

Hellcannon

6 Bull Centaurs

-Standard

-Additional HW

6 Kdaii Fireborn

I figure this is enough punch and enough size to hold up opponents. I guess we’ll see how it plays out