[Archive] new 2250 RH list for tourney (no Great Taurus)

Da Crusha:

Lords
Bull Centaur Lord sword of striking armour of furnace, shield

Heros
Chaos Dwarf Hero bsb armor of gazrahk
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer Lvl 2 black gem of gnar, talsiman of protection
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer Lvl 1   2 dispel scrolls

Core
20 Chaos Dwarf warrior FC
20 Chaos Dwarf warrior FC
15 CD w/ Blunderbuss
20 Hobgoblin (armored) light armor shield
20 Hobgoblin (armored) light armor shield
21 Hobgoblin
20 Hobgoblin
10 Hobgoblin Wolf Rider musician light armor shield bow
Wolf
11 Hobgoblin Archers bows

Special
Bolt Thrower
2 Hobgoblin Crew
Bolt Thrower
2 Hobgoblin Crew
Bolt Thrower
2 Hobgoblin Crew
Bolt Thrower
2 Hobgoblin Crew
20 Sneaky Gits full command

Rare
Earthshaker
3 Chaos Dwarf Crew
5 Bull Centaur heavy armor standard war banner

this is an army that I wrote up for a gt that will becoming up pretty soon, I changed my army from the last gt I went to, the last one I had one 20 US unit and 2 15US and a bunch of 10’s, I was depending too much on shooting with march blocking and 2 earthshakers, but hand to hand got ugly for me. this list should be better.

Oh and I am undecided on who should be my general since there are multiple characters with ld9 and the only ld10 guy is a bsb.

Canix:

I like your list i have a similar one but always give the BC Lord the hammer of Hashut cant beat a chariot crusher:hat

A death rocket wouldnt go amiss either and with only 4 BT’s / no Taurus you could get your artillery line taken out by flyers:o

Good luck and may your slaves die usefully :hat off

The Brain:

Why so many hobgoblins. 90 hobgoblins on foot is a lot of useless guys on the field. Against most infantry they will get crushed in hand to hand to hand. If you need more combat units why not add another unit of CD or drop the gits for black orcs. I would not mess around with more than a few units of 10 archers. They are great for contesting table corners but as far as combat is concerned it is like giving victory points to the opponent. Try to think about the game ahead of time think of what you want to use them for. They are cheap, but what good is cheap if are dead as soon as the opponent looks at them. There is a reason that goblins are one of the least sold units, which is pretty much what hobgoblins are just with better weapon skill. Just something to think about.

Da Crusha:

well, those 90 hg only cost about 300 points, if I traded them for chaos dwarfs, 30 cD’s with command, then I would only have 4 units to deal with hand to hand and nothing to set up counter charges hit flanks and redirect scary charges. plus since cd’s are not very mobile at all I can cover my own flanks a bit easier. I will give it some more thought though and I havent play tested this army yet either.

The Brain:

It�?Ts a good idea if it works for you, but if it is 300 points of hobgoblins that will die anyway vs. 1 unit of CD that might hold the CD could be the better bet. I only mention it because I play empire, and the state troops have similar stats to hobgoblins, and when I use the detachment rule even hitting in the flank S3, T3 low armour guys still die and do nothing against most enemy infantry, that you will see in a tournament. Chaos warriors, Saurus, Daemons, Grave Guard, Black Guard will crush T3 guys and take away most of their armour save. Even WS4 I4 swordsmen hitting the flank of most of these units take more wounds then they give and the opponent negates the fact that you took away his rank bonus with kills. I find that for hitting flanks Bull Centaurs or Black Orcs with great weapons work better.

Da Crusha:

hmmm, thats a really good point. well, I might be able to do some play testing tomorrow.

Da Crusha:

well, I just went to the tournament and I kept hearing this quote in my head.

300 points of hobgoblins that will die anyway

The Brain
well, I didnt get to play test before the tournament but I did kind of regret bringing so many models that were just for throwing away. I felt that I didn’t want to take the charge very often with a disposable unit and would have preffered a CD unit there instead. on the plus side I did have a unit of naked hobgobbos beat down some knights because of static combat res. and then got the charge on a troublesome hellblaster and killed all the crew. so that was pretty nice, but I think next time Ill have some more units of warriors and maybe some more blunderbuss units.