[Archive] New 40k army, help me chose!

Knight Of Awsome:

OK so I’m buying a new 40k army, and its most likely going to be chaos space marines but i need to make up a theme to them and so i have a couple of options:

1st option

1. I came up with some renegade space wolves ideas with:

2. A snow base

3. A lava base

4. A ruined city terrain

5. Swamp or river

6. I need some kind of color scheme:

7. Space wolves Grey, with dark reds

8. Yellows, blacks and Grey’s

9. [Insert your idea here]

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

maybe you could do a luna wolves chapter although you proberle couldn’t use it in tordaments but it make for some good games

P.S i can’t spell (well duh!)

Knight Of Awsome:

maybe you could do a luna wolves chapter although you proberle couldn't use it in tordaments but it make for some good games

P.S i can't spell (well duh!)

Godbob and his jolly rogers
I don't see why i couldn't use them in tournaments, it may be that they would be too awesome? What really wanted to do an already done chapter and turn it renegade, but what i forgot to add is: they need a name!!

Thommy H:

Lava bases. Always lava bases.

Knight Of Awsome:

Lava bases. Always lava bases.

Thommy H
OK lava bases sounds cool, do you have a name for the renegades (space wolves)? I was thinking of "Wolves of ____" or "______" what do you think?

Thommy H:

Black Wolves
Sons of Loki
The Werekind
Children of the Warglord
Iron Fangs
Fellmanes
Ice Giants
The Jötunn

Ghrask Dragh:

Space wolves have amazing background, I think some cool renegades would be wolves that have been so overcome by their primal side (maybe from spending to much time in the warp) they have no concept of who they are or what they are doing, then taking advantage of their ‘weaker’ state if mind a Chaos sorcerer could gain control of them and manipulate them to fight for himself and whatever C.God he worships.

I would go with lava/warped bases. Chaos gives you leave to just about whatever the hell you want to do with bases :cheers

Kera foehunter:

i think ruines baces with gears and such

and the yellow and black so they look like killer bees

I don't see why i couldn't use them in tournaments, it may be that they would be too awesome? What really wanted to do an already done chapter and turn it renegade, but what i forgot to add is: they need a name!!

Knight Of Awsome
well you couldn't because there called black legion now but you could say they keeped the name but a renegade i think keep the yellow shoulder so they look at least like traitors don't make them dark and scary or savage and lost? there all just idea's

Knight Of Awsome:

Out of all of Thommy H names that he came up with (aka the random name generator:)) one really popped “Fellmanes” I think everyone would agree, right?

well you couldn’t because there called black legion now but you could say they keeped the name but a renegade i think keep the yellow shoulder so they look at least like traitors don’t make them dark and scary or savage and lost? there all just idea’s

Godbob and his jolly rogers
I may base some of the colors off of the Luna wolves, there sounding very similar to what I’m wanting to make, like kera said yellow and black, that could go on the shoulder pads with gold or silver trim? and the rest of the model would be black or something… and the insigna what woul i put for an isigna?? (This army is going to be cool!!)
Space wolves have amazing background, I think some cool renegades would be wolves that have been so overcome by their primal side (maybe from spending to much time in the warp) they have no concept of who they are or what they are doing, then taking advantage of their ‘weaker’ state if mind a Chaos sorcerer could gain control of them and manipulate them to fight for himself and whatever C.God he worships.

I would go with lava/warped bases. Chaos gives you leave to just about whatever the hell you want to do with bases:cheers

Ghrask Dragh
Nice idea, but i don’t want to go over board with the primal side of them, and change the Chaos Sorcerer to a Daemon Prince :idea. Think i want the bases to be simple and clean, not to over-power the model, so i made some ruined terrain bases and i have to say i am pleased with them:

(The flat bits are markers for feet, on the real ones they wont have them)

Any other ideas are welcome!:cheers

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, for wolves, Sons of Fenrir seems more appropriate than Loki :wink:

My suggestions, running along your thoughts would be (seems you’ve chosen Fellmanes as the name) to have either ruins or, preferably, swampland terrain as it removes them entirely from the snow theme of the Space Wolves, without being obviously opposite…

I don’t like the idea of black and yellow. Sounds too close to Iron Warriors (with their chevrons) and Black Legion. I’d say have most of their armour be Space Wolves grey. Then, change the colour on their shoulder pads, from yellow, to something else. Give them the Space Wolves insignia, but either put three slashes through it or add a fiery mane to the wolf’s head or something. Add a single colour (like red or black) to one limb, whether it be random on each or all of their left arms or something. Use the Space Wolves/Space Marine models and then sculpt these thick shaggy manes on and add the odd piece of Chaos symbol/mutation or whatever to link them to Chaos a little more.

If you don’t use the colour scheme/inisgnia idea, I’d suggest Snow bases to have them in-keeping with the symbolism of their original chapter…

Knight Of Awsome:

like this?

The only problem HB with doing them almost all of the Space Wolves Grey, is people who have never seen your army think that there space wolves, right? I’m trying to stay close to the space wolves but not too close, they are renegades after all there trying to break there ties to there imperial self were ever possible.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Something like that, yeah.

Also, that’s why I said add random limbs (could be more than two, but maybe the bodies and/or heads are grey) as other colours and to add some Chaos bits, like trophy racks with Space Marine heads on (Ultramrines would be very indicative. A blue helmet with a big white Omega/U on it would give it away) and add some Chaos vehicle Weapon Accessory Heads to their guns etc…

Knight Of Awsome:

It seems like you think I’m going to be converting them from regular space wolves, but thats i think you think…

About the random limbs (and other misplacing body parts) I’m not big on that corruption(or mutating) but I’m more into adding horns and stuff and even thats rare! your ideas will be added to the big pile of “Fellmanes Notes”, and i like all of the ideas that are coming out of here!!:slight_smile:

Hashut’s Blessing:

Ah, you mistake my implications, sorry for being unclear. Well, a lot of them were coming from ideas of using Space Marine models slightly corrupted, but that’s not the point, he he he. As for the random limbs, I meant the random limbs painted a different colour, but the same limbs as they originally were, he he he. Glad you like the ideas and even added some to the notes :stuck_out_tongue:

Knight Of Awsome:

@Hashut’s Blessing: Ahh thanks, that explains a lot!

I want to see what everyone can come up with using this:  Chaos Space Marine Painter

OK i picked up a World Eater Aspiring Champion yesterday and i converted/painted him, but this morning my dad offed to see how much i could make on ebay from one model so i said “OK then, I’m going to use this guy!”. The model was only $10 CAD, so i hope i get above that. Heres the picture:

(I only got him because my Friend wanted to walk to the hobby store with me…)

Enjoy:cheers

Thommy H:

aka the random name generator
Random name generator? Most of them come from Norse mythology, based on the idea that the Space Wolves background depicts them as the equivalent of the Aesir on their world. Therefore, renegade Space Wolves would be "Sons of Loki" (on the basis that Loki was cast out from Asgard), or Ice Giants (the enemies of the Aesir) or The Jötunn (the proper name of all the kinds of giants that opposed the Aesir).

zorn sabretooth:

p.s godbob are you sure your not getting confused with the luna wolves???

zorn sabretooth
what? i said the luna wolves

Hashut’s Blessing:

Thommy H: I can read and I know a fair bit about Norse Mythology. Such as the fact that one of Loki’s children (his son Fenrir) was a giant wolf, deigned to eat Odinn in Ragnarok and be slain by another God (of which i cannot recall the name), hence my comment that they should be the sons of Fenrir. It was not a slating of the work you had done, but a suggested change to one of the names should he choose it. Plus, Loki was kicked out from Asgard not long before Ragnarok…

Knight of Awesome, glad I could clear it up :smiley: Also, I hope you sell that model for some profit! Also, I would do my own, but I’m not sure what codes to change the colour are. Then, I’d do one for myself (after one for you of course).