[Archive] New AoS Chaos Knights and a Dwarf Slayer spotted

Dînadan:

http://m.imgur.com/a/4NtBt

Knights are a bit meh in my opinion. They’re not bad, but I’m not a fan of mutated horses being the standard.

More interesting is the dwarf - it’s nothing special, but the standard looks like it’ll be very useful for Chaos Dwarfs :wink:

Thommy H:

They’re not “Chaos Knights” - they’re a new unit, so mutated horses aren’t the standard. These guys are Archaon’s elite personal guard.

Dînadan:

They're not "Chaos Knights" - they're a new unit, so mutated horses aren't the standard. These guys are Archaon's elite personal guard.

Thommy H
I stand corrected.

cornixt:

The one who rides the horse with the rake on its muzzle must have drawn the short straw.

BABIS:

lol those horses look like dinosaurs!

Grimstonefire:

I really like the knights, but not for £20 each…

Not sure what to make of the dwarf, I hate the few lines of their fluff I’ve read and not that keen on the sprue.  But I’ll wait to decide when I see a unit next year (as the rumours go).

They remind me of the old Mutie horses, for those of you guys old enough to remember.

Parish:

Depending on the size I will probably consider them as K’daai.

TheHoodedMan:

The dwarf Standard Looks very good, but 30 EUR :wink: will be a little expensive.

tjub:

meh.  

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

gIL^:

GW doesn’t understand that less is more.

GRRRR WARHAMMER!!!

Doombeard:

I’ve warmed up to AoS now, and these models are awesome, love it. I’m hoping to start an army soon and buying the starter box.

Its a different aesthetic granted but I really like everything they have released so far, even the Sigmarines.

If anyone’s interested I found a great way to play the game without a wounds cap , by a guy called Nate at Kingdom of Geekdom

this is the next Chaos release

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/237112981386large.jpg

how are people not finding these mini’s beautiful!?

gIL^:

I've warmed up to AoS now, and these models are awesome, love it. I'm hoping to start an army soon and buying the starter box.

Its a different aesthetic granted but I really like everything they have released so far, even the Sigmarines.

If anyone's interested I found a great way to play the game without a wounds cap , by a guy called Nate at Kingdom of Geekdom

how are people not finding these mini's beautiful!?

Doombeard
I liked warhammer when it was ranks upon ranks of soldiers clashing. Now this huge model is the size of an entire army and will rid 40+ units in one turn. What's the point in painting 40 mini's for a game just to take them off everytime?

Nice model but they could be half the size but still look super impressive.

cornixt:

That’s how 40k seems to have gone too. Gone are the many squads with a couple of heavy support, now it is the other way round.

Bitterman:

how are people not finding these mini's beautiful!?

Doombeard
That is indeed a very nice mini (so was the old Sorcerer on Disk, but I suppose everything has to be plastic now). I'd put it on a transparent flying stand rather than have a silly green tentacle growing out of the floor, but otherwise, yes, very nice.

"These mini's" suggests a bit more to it than that though, is there something specific you're asking about? The Varanguard are nice, but would be ridiculously over-expensive at half the price. Archaon is nowhere near as good as the old model (oh, but he's bigger... :~), and would be ridiculously over-expensive at half the price. The Sigmarines are the blandest, most designed-by-committee fantasy models I think I've ever seen, and they would be ridiculously over-expensive at half the price (starter set excepted). And I've no interest in any of it anyway, because AoS has the worst rules and the worst, most childish background of any wargame ever professionally released; all while the background I loved for 27 years (notwithstanding that my love for the rules diminished in recent years... it needed sweeping rules changes... just not AoS) has not only been eradicated, but is now openly mocked and derided by the company that seems to have decided that putting out good products is too much effort.

So, yeah. Some of "these mini's" are beautiful. Some aren't. That's less than half the story.

Doombeard:

Well by these mini’s I meant the Khorne mini’s and scenery first and foremost, but also some of the Stormcast Eternal stuff such as the Celestial Prime and Prosecutors. I’m not going to get into a civil war between AoS & WfB such as is the case of many of those who frequent Warseer. Apologies for de-railing the thread.

JMR:

Oh wow, that new Tzeentch sorcerer would actually fit right in alongside my self-made, eyeless Tzeentch warriors.

Bet it’ll be too expensive though… Does anyone know a price?

Doombeard:

probably 18-25

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

cornixt:

I’m just not a huge fan of the style, but it might be partly down to the painting. While technically good, artistically they are a bit boring to me. Mostly a big “meh”, rather than “urgh”.

Parish:

the blister is 24 gbp, 30 �,� :frowning:

Abecedar:

the blister is 24 gbp, 30 �,� :(

Parish
or $50.00 plus in australia. not gunna happen for them