[Archive] New AOW Chaos Marauders

Grimstonefire:

Check these out.  I’m really impressed.  I’ve been waiting nearly a year for GW to put out some decent marauders, so I’m really pleased.

http://www.avatars-of-war.com/eng/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&prodcode=pl12-ps&prodname=Marauders+of+the+Apocalypse+with+shields+(30+miniatures+and+champion+deal)&mediumcast=plastic&id=118&Itemid=120]

Doombeard:

Love the 30 for 20 deals they do, good marketing

Admiral:

Great models and deals. It’s easy to sympathize with AoW in spite of the much-commented-about delivery slowness.

That’s how Marauders should look! It would be even better if AoW went on to release a more Viking-themed Marauder kit, and indeed a Hun or Mongol Marauder Horsemen kit.

Pyro Stick:

The 30 minis + metal champ pre order deal is insane value. I tried getting a friend with WoC to buy these but he either cant afford them right now or doesnt need any more marauders, i cant quite remember. I pre ordered the Doomcrushers with the extras and cant wait to get them. Pushing 2 months late now.

Doombeard:

I wanted to order some doom crushers & thunder warriors to use as stand ins for IG GW & BB, they are beautiful models. The marauders look great too. 2 months is crazy late! Why is it so long?

Pyro Stick:

I wanted to order some doom crushers & thunder warriors to use as stand ins for IG GW & BB, they are beautiful models. The marauders look great too. 2 months is crazy late! Why is it so long?

iamahobgoblin
Heres what Felix had to say about the Vestals of Nemesis delay, which i assume applies to everything of theirs that is delayed right now:

"I am actually very happy with the service this toolmaker is providing. This toolmaker serves several companies in the industry so they have a very wide experience, and they meet well their deadlines.
But I have been asking for higher definition on some plastic parts, thus making them experience with and try new techniques (and they always have been open to experience new ways to improve the result). Of course, this has meant delays on our toolings, and if we had stayed with the "first tooling result" none of these delays would have happened.

All in all it is more a fault on our side because we should state wider tooling timelines (as we have done with the Marauders and we'll do from now on) to allow for unexpected issues on the tooling. Tooling our miniatures for plastic injection is a very complicated process, so we should have not stated timelines supposing "everyhting will go as scheduled" because it seldom does!"

He did say the doomcrushers tooling is advancing well now though so i hope they will be with me before the end of september. I was half planning only keeping 10 if you would be interested in buying the rest. Havent decided if ill keep the metal champ or not yet.

Doombeard:

Maybe yeah, although now I’ve met that french guy on ebay I’m thinking about waiting for his GW conversion kits. Will see how they look if/when they surface

Grollbringer:

Did the guy told you when his GW kits will be available? Because im still waiting for them :slight_smile:

Grimstonefire:

Crazy me, I’ve ordered two boxes of these.

My chaos army is growing steadily, I should take some pics really.  I’ll paint up my remaining 20 warriors with GW then take some pics.  But I’ve been thinking of expanding outside the Nurgle theme to another god.  So half these marauders will be the start of something new.  Exciting times.

Probably be khorne, as I think the other gods require too much greenstuffing for my enthusiasm as it stands.

I was also planning on a wave of 3 chariots pulled by rot flies.

Time of Madness:

Gary Morley is the sculptor. Former GW sculptor, glad to see he is still putting out great models!

Time of Madnes

Bloodbeard:

Generally some nice miniatures. The bodies are greeat sculpts, large, brutal and full of detail. However they look too little like Norsemen. I like the chaos warrior style helmets, but there are too few and too many bare heads. But the biggest thing missing is beards!

I would either use marauder horsemen heads as they have better helmets or use chaos warrior helmets and sculpt small beards.

Yet if I ordered some it woukd be to use as Hobgoblin Bezerkers.

sam585:

Makes me want to redo my WoC army must resist…

Yodrin:

Wow, thats some very nice models…

tjub:

Looks great! :smiley:

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Doombeard:

Did the guy told you when his GW kits will be available? Because im still waiting for them :)

Grollbringer
Yeah September he said

Ravenswood:

Good minis, champion especially. Love the helms and axes. If they are appropriate size to Infernal guard ones I will buy them.

AGPO:

Heres what Felix had to say about the Vestals of Nemesis delay, which i assume applies to everything of theirs that is delayed right now:
"I am actually very happy with the service this toolmaker is providing. This toolmaker serves several companies in the industry so they have a very wide experience, and they meet well their deadlines.
But I have been asking for higher definition on some plastic parts, thus making them experience with and try new techniques (and they always have been open to experience new ways to improve the result). Of course, this has meant delays on our toolings, and if we had stayed with the "first tooling result" none of these delays would have happened.

All in all it is more a fault on our side because we should state wider tooling timelines (as we have done with the Marauders and we'll do from now on) to allow for unexpected issues on the tooling. Tooling our miniatures for plastic injection is a very complicated process, so we should have not stated timelines supposing "everything will go as scheduled" because it seldom does!"

Felix

Pyro Stick
This right here is why I think GW needs to look at Felix's attitude. People will generally accept honesty like this and be understanding of mistakes. Whoever handled the Finecast debacle should take note.

torn:

The metal champion looks good, but take him out the plastic guys look a bit too plastic - posed for me. The dwarf slayers suffered similar problem. I would only choose these over gw if they were cheaper. Otherwise the plastic isn’t as good quality and the models look too similar, if not as ridiculously muscled.