[Archive] "New" AoW green

Thommy H:

Just where does he get his ideas???

Xander:

I have no idea, but I suddenly want to build a Khorne Daemon army.

Thommy H:

Hey, you’re right! This would make a great proxy for a Khorne Daemon! Amazing! What good fortune!

Xander:

Hey, maybe even a Khorne Herald!

Awesome.

Kered:

Very nice, it seems like a cross between the skulltaker and Be’lakor.

Thommy H:

No, it seems like a cross between Skulltaker and another model of Skulltaker.

Baggronor:

Lol I like the fact his tail is optional.

Thommy H:

Yeah, just in case you thought he was completely ripping off GW.

“Does Skulltaker have a tail? I don’t think so! Of course, you can just leave the tail off…”

Zanko:

Even for a non Demons of Chaos Collector is it a real cool tempting “guy”! :o

:hashut

Grimstonefire:

The sculpt is nice, but the open hand needs some work. It needs knuckles.

Time of Madness:

Great Khorne hearld on foot option…too bad people only take Khorne heralds on juggers.

Time of Madness

Da Crusha:

Great Khorne hearld on foot option....too bad people only take Khorne heralds on juggers.
Time of Madness

Time of Madness
I was just thinking the exact same thing

Fequiil:

Great Khorne hearld on foot option....too bad people only take Khorne heralds on juggers.
Time of Madness

Time of Madness
I was just thinking the exact same thing

Da Crusha
i think we are all from the same type, all thinking the same if we get an imagine.:P

Thommy H:

No, it’s too bad the exact same model is already made by Games Workshop.

Srsly.

Zanko:

No, it's too bad the exact same model is already made by Games Workshop.

Srsly.

Thommy H
This GW one doesn't touch me!

The GW model looks much too rude - not lacy enough (can't explain it better in engllish)!

:hashut

Thommy H:

Well, you might prefer one to the other, but there’s no denying that it’s essentially a rehash of the exact same thing. They might as well just be variant poses or equipment options. Felix’s version has:

- An almost identical number and configuration of horns.
- The same facial expression with long tongue sticking out.
- A sword that differs only in that his has a single edge.
- The same anatomy - even down to the feet!
- The same kind of gauntlets on its wrists.
- Skullz.

Now, the AoW figure isn’t finished yet, so I would assume we’ll get different detailing on the armour plates, and hopefully not Khorne symbols, but this looks way too close for comfort to me. Now, I don’t give a damn about GW’s IP particularly, but I do like to see sculptors producing something you can’t buy somewhere else. I can already get Skulltaker - why would I ever want to buy this? It’s a waste of talent and green stuff. It’s not like Skulltaker is even a classic model or something: it’s a recent figure that everyone knows. The Twisted Tales Chaos Dwarfs are blatant rip-offs of the old Marauder models, for example, but since you can’t get those any more, there’s a niche. This is just a figure that has no reason to exist.

Grimstonefire:

To be honest, I know he’s gone for a more archetypal daemon (if there is such a thing), but I would really have liked him to do a plague daemon (nurgle herald). That would definitely be something I would have bought, but as Thommy says, if I want Skulltaker I’d buy him instead. The skulltaker model is much nicer at the moment anyway, I’ll wait and see how good it turns out in the end.

Kawazu:

Tbh, Skulltaker looks quite gross. I like much more this AoW instead, if they don’t mess it before it’s finished…

Baggronor:

I can already get Skulltaker - why would I ever want to buy this?
True. If they really wanted to fill a niche they should have done a female Daemon that actually looks good (the Masque is poor, just poor) or a floating one with wings or a really fat guy with buboes and a scythe. Anything but another Skulltaker.

cornixt:

I’d like a decently lithe daemon of Slaanesh, one that could feasibly distract the enemy with beauty rather than mutated naked flesh. I’ve been waiting for the plastic daemon prince model, but it looks like I’d be waiting for ever.