[Archive] New Army: Brainstorm with me

Kera foehunter:

well yea if they have skinns we can skin them!! The dark elves where sea serpent armmor.

just thin if you can get the older saurus there armmor is like steal.

would be cool to use an older model temple gaurd skull helmet as a mask for your cd hero

TheVoice:

That’s an awesome idea, thanks.

Can anyone think of how to make the lizards look more enslaved/CD-ized? I’m currently thinking tattoos to mark them as properly but can’t think of much else. Might try weapon swaps. Does anyone know if you can get those sprues of generic, all purpose shields from GW anymore?

Hashut’s Blessing:

I should think you can get them, but it’s about £2 a sprue, which is uber expensive, in my opinion. Even by the standards of GW. I think if you take chips out of their spines, use dulled colours for their skin to show emaciation, do weapon swaps, carve brands into them (whether they were burnt in or carved) and paint tattoos on. Maybe some of them, especially big ones (kroxigor, maybe saurus) have their bracelets chained together.

TheVoice:

Interesting. If the generic shields are so rediculously priced anyone know of an alternative?

Also, anyone have any of the old Saurus shields? The metallic ones with a boss in the centre? Thinking of using them as equipment reaplcements for Warriors and Hobbos.

EDIT: Someone earlier mentioned smaller, more man-portable ballista. I think I have found suitable models here :h http://74.220.207.149/~organizi/wizards-workshop/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=3_137_145&products_id=837

The goblin is : and h.

Grimstonefire:

Someone here made some exactly like those out of scraps of balsa and orc spears. Can’t remember who. Grom maybe? The one who uses glass chunks on the bases.

WarplockMonkey:

You know i find this idea verry appealing…the conbination of my two great warhammer loves!

Well, i have had a BRILL idea for a darklands chariot, or if made bigger, maybe even a collossus

Why walk through endless steaming jungle, with vines and trees burdening your every step…when you can just cut your way straight through, leaving a smooth path for your troops?

Cue infernal , daemon possessed forest destroying machiiiiiiiine!

I was watching the new indie film and thought…‘now THATS Chaos Dwarfy’ :cheers

Not only can it grind up trees, but it can grind up enemies too!

TheVoice:

Anywhere I can get that model?

For deforestation, my Chaos Dwarfs used The Burnt Roads for a campaign, where we mounted some Fire sorcerors on a daemonic palanquin, had them cast wall of fire and advance.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I mentioned the smaller ballista. These should be easily made from sprues and spears (for curved bow parts, use the the curves of the sprues), which will save you some money. But, the smaller scale BTs is exactly what I meant. Easier to get through jungles if need be.

I think that machine would be great, but it may require SOME fuel and so I’d say it is more for deforestation to allow the building of a fortification.

TheVoice:

To be honest, multi-purpose rather fits the ‘army on a shoestring’ approach I’m going for here. If it chops down and minces trees is can do the same for Kroxigor, after all.

WarplockMonkey:

@Hashut’s Blessing: WHat about the wood it cuts down? Or failing that the souls of it’s slain?

Hashut’s Blessing:

Wood isn’t the best fuel and I did think of that, but as to the souls, they would want to catch a spawning pool, methinks. Otherwise, it is likely to run out a little too quickly and they may wish to use slaves for other tasks… Maybe once the slave is past its sell-by date…

TheVoice:

What about coal?

Hashut’s Blessing:

You have to burn the wood to make charcoal or you can mine coal from the ground…

Kera foehunter:

what about oil !!! or tar well if you get anything hot enough it will burn

Hashut’s Blessing:

That’s true, but oil isn’t often abundant in jungles…

Narflung:

You would have to model a CD corrupted spawning pond. Have a cage or something similar around it.

As for shields, it would be good to see traditional Lizardmen shields with a bull head instead of the normal lizard symbols. And for banners, some aztec style drawings of a taurus would be cool.

TheVoice:

That’s what I’m thinking, I’m hunting down the old shields. I’m thinking of maybe making the lizards worship Hashut (not in the way that CDs worship him, but have them pray to bronze bull-totems and the like). They are described as lizards who have completely forgotten their civilisation, can’t see why that shouldn’t include the Old Ones.

ashur:

Don’t waste the oportunity to give you general a Carnosaur. You could turn a death rocket into a flame thrower to fight the vegetation. And a lot of greenskins. If you like spider riders, they would fit nicely.

I have a WD with a conversion article about the norse colonie of skeggi. That could be a good inspiration.

TheVoice:

Which WD is that?

ashur:

Which WD is that?

TheVoice
Us white dwarf 307 august 2005.

Most of the conversions mix marauder with lizardmen weapons and items like feathers and lizardmen corpses.