[Archive] New Chaos Dwarf Player

brimmstorm:

I just picked up a large lot of Chaos Dwarfs! I thought I would share my excitement by posting what I got here!

50 Plastic Warriors

2 Blunderbus Warriors

6 Bull Centaurs

Earthshaker

Hellcannon

Death Rocket

Taurus and Rider

Lamasau and Rider

Lead command

Astagaroth

60 BFSP Night Goblins w/spears

40 BFSP Night Goblins w/bows

-brimmstorm

Slaver_of_Zharr:

welcome to the site! :slight_smile: sounds like you got a lot, how much did you get it for?

Ghrask Dragh:

50 plastics!! thats a great buy!

just think you could have two units of 25 warriors, I think the astragoth model is a good one aswell does anybody know of a set of rules for him beyond ‘White Dwarf presents’?

Congrats on your buy brimm’ :cheers keep us posted on your plans!

brimmstorm:

I got the whole lot for 250$ a very good buy in my opinion. I just need to get more Blunderbuses which is going to be no easy task!

-brimmstorm

Slaver_of_Zharr:

thats not a good buy… that s a FANTASTIC buy!!! :0

hal:

I just need to get more Blunderbuses which is going to be no easy task!
You can still get them off the online store, but they'll cost you about �2 each minimum.

Uzkul Werit:

Ghrask Dragh! There are a set of house rules for Astragoth in the Hand of Hashut Downloads section. I have used them in store before - lots of fun!

Nazhur:

Damn,th at was indeed a very good deal. congratulation to it :slight_smile: And welcome to the gang

brimmstorm:

Thanks!

Included in the deal was also 2 bolt throwers, and the old Chaos Dwarf army book.

I will be getting the models thursday and I’m thinking of starting an army blog for my work on them

-brimmstorm

AGPO:

Thats a superb deal, congratulations! You really need commands for the warriors though, which should be quite difficult to aquire. As regards the blunders, I’d get two units of dwarf thunderers, use push pins for the hats and convert them into blunders, using your two metal models as unit champions. I can’t wait to see your blog, do you plan to convert any of your models or will you just stick with what you’ve got in their original form?

brimmstorm:

Well I plan on getting blunderbuss modles either from GW or some other source. I really like those models are really want to include them in my army. I just picked up another command blister and death rocket from another source.

For the Warriors I plan on using the Marauder shields instead of their normal ones. I also plan on changing some of the weapons by taking the tops off various models and then putting them on the Warriors

The only thing i’m stumped on is my Lord, and another Caster. I’m not that familer with green stuff so I’m not sure what to do.

-brimmstorm

wallacer:

I just need to get more Blunderbuses which is going to be no easy task!

brimmstorm
You could always just convert some plastic Thunderers

AGPO:

That’s what I just said Wallacer! Lol

wallacer:

serves me right for not reading all the posts, I suppose :rolleyes:

Traitor King:

Whats the astrogoth model, ive never seen this. (I dont need an Astrogoth explaniation, I DO know who he is!)

Also, what are the plastic models? Plastic normal dwarfs or what?

Ghrask Dragh:

If you search it on google or yahoo or something you should get a picture from somewhere!

The plastics are actually GamesWorkshop Chaos Dwarfs, they were released back in the 90’s and are very hard to come by nowdays, so again congratulations Brimmstorm!!

cornixt:

Check out [[Chaos Dwarf Model Range]] and [[Chaos Dwarf model bits]] in the wiki for Astragoth and the CD plastics.

AGPO:

Astrogoth and many other chaos dwarf models are pictured in the 5th edition battle book which came with the starter set (the one with Lizardmen and Bretonians)

wallacer:

Last time I looked at eBay (a couple of days ago) their was an Astragoth for sale.

AGPO:

ooh, I may have to go for that!