[Archive] NEW CHAOS DWARF RULES?

Discoking:

Hi guys,

Are the WHF Rules going to be used by everyone as standard, do you think?

My friend seems to think no one will use them??

Typical Western Dwarf player…

furrie:

It will depend, if the rules are well balanced I can’t seem to think of a reason why not. The rules will be the most official rules we will get.

Grimstonefire:

I think they will be used as the standard rules, because so many people are concerned with using a ‘legal’ rules set and these are as close as it comes. Even if they’re not balanced.

Da Crusha:

I think they will be widely used. they will be the most recent and most official rules without actually being GW. but Games workshop and warhammer forge are related companies, so … I would consider it official.

Hashut’s Blessing:

As said, I think a lot of people will use them. It allows us to play in a completely legal army (Warriors of Chaos) and are the most up-to-date and official rules there are. As well as being pretty cool (D3 shots with +1S in combat for BBs now? Yes please!).

KramDratta:

As soon as I’ll have access to that list, that will be my official list :slight_smile: until GW releases the army book that is…

aka_mythos:

CDO has done a great armylist, but I think this will become the standard. It would be nice however if the guys here who were maintaining the list did an addedum version… using the FW list as a baseline with a CDO addon that puts in the units that most inappropriately they’ve left out. The units if CD ever got a full book should have.

cornixt:

CDO haven’t done a list, although several members have.

I think that everyone would expect CDs to use the new FW list, so that it what they will use. Adaptions to use some of the RH units would be pretty simple, so I suppose people might produce fan lists for that.

felix:

We all would love an official list so we can be recognized as a tournament army, BUT I do not believe the new list will make any difference to anyone. It is not from Games Workshop so it is not going to be recognized by anyone as official. The “White Dwarf Presents the Chaos Dwarfs” list was never recognized and that was darn close to official. This list will probably fade away as a campaign game list. I fear that outside of this campaign no one will let use any of these expensive pieces. The Dwarfs had Bugman’s Beer Cart, the “Goblobber”, and more recently the Goblin-Hewer, and Doomseekers. None of them allowed in tournaments, and very few of anything Foreworld makes for that matter. Collect the new pieces to enjoy in private games, but I don’t think they’ll be accepted anywhere. I hope I’m wrong.

Da Crusha:

We all would love an official list so we can be recognized as a tournament army, BUT I do not believe the new list will make any difference to anyone. It is not from Games Workshop so it is not going to be recognized by anyone as official. The "White Dwarf Presents the Chaos Dwarfs" list was never recognized and that was darn close to official. This list will probably fade away as a campaign game list. I fear that outside of this campaign no one will let use any of these expensive pieces. The Dwarfs had Bugman's Beer Cart, the "Goblobber", and more recently the Goblin-Hewer, and Doomseekers. None of them allowed in tournaments, and very few of anything Foreworld makes for that matter. Collect the new pieces to enjoy in private games, but I don't think they'll be accepted anywhere. I hope I'm wrong.

felix
I still think WF will be allowed. Ive been running cd's at tournaments for the last 2 1/2 years with the RH rules. and not just small tournaments I have used them at 100+ person tournaments. there was only one tournament that I wanted to go to that wouldn't allow them.

I don't think that the WF list will fade away unless of course GW themselves release there own chaos dwarfs. Ravenous Hordes hasn't faded away.

richard barby:

backing up much of what crusha wrote most tourniments where i play let them in we generally use the indy list with its almost finished errata or as was in 7th

i dont think any of the lists will fade away

tommys list the RH list the forge list and the indy list will still be around apart from not having seen the forge list there all good lists. i think it will leed to a lot more players taking up choas dwarfs the more players the more likely we are to have a proper offical list one day. sadly much like only fools and horses this time next year we could have a propper army book

Thommy H:

The "White Dwarf Presents the Chaos Dwarfs" list was never recognized and that was darn close to official.
What? I don't know if you misspoke, but please let me assure you: when that was out, its status was identical to an Armies book. It was very much official.

Loki:

As soon as the wf book comes out with the rules for cds in there i am going to switch to them , then i wont have to put up with the moaning at my local club that my rules are out of date and thats why my CD s win , its nothing to do with the rules its all down to the hats :hat

aka_mythos:

Thats funny… rules are out of date that’s why you win… most of the time thats the complaint for why someone doesn’t win.

Loki:

ya i know its funny , the really funny thing is though I am chairman of the club so any problems with rules go through me lol :smiley:

ChungEssence:

^hehe, that’s one way around it

richard barby:

ya i know its funny , the really funny thing is though I am chairman of the club so any problems with rules go through me lol :D

Loki
when i win sometimes with the indy list i get its not built for 8th and several things along the lines of its a list for 7th not 8th

Bassman:

its nothing to do with the rules its all down to the hats :hat

Loki
Best quote ever :hat off

As soon as I will put my dirty hands on the FW rules I will play the last battle with RH and then I'll swithc to the new rules.
I know some tournaments will have problems and ban them (like they actually do with RH, by the way) but most of the "independent" tournaments will accept them. I think it will be natural the FW rules will sobstitute the RH.
:)

Nazhur:

I will contuie to use the RH rules, even if this comes out. As Forgeworld rules are not official still the RH are the last offical rules and I think it should be used as that.

Baggronor:

Thats funny... rules are out of date that's why you win... most of the time thats the complaint for why someone doesn't win.
I used to get that with RH too.

"Omg, this is why CDs aren't a proper army!!!" was a common exclamation, usually in response to some Wardancers in a wood getting annihilated by BBs with no Hit penalties, or the Black Hammer one-shotting a Tomb King.

I'm already getting moans after I mentioned some of the FW rules lol. That Flames of Azgorh spell is going to cause some trouble ;)