[Archive] New Chaos Marine Pictures

furrie:

The warpsmith looks like it belongs to the necrons not to the csm

fattdex:

Vehicles just suck. For 40k that is. Troops- yeah whatever

FraustyTheSnowman:

I like most of what I’m seeing here. The fiend/mauler things probably need a little bit of work, but I like the biomechanical theme gw seems to be developing for chaos marines.

Pyro Stick:

These models look pretty weird but based on the Dark Vengeance box im hoping the rest of the standard troops etc are going to be a lot cooler. I was planning on expanding my Iron Warriors CSM with the new range so i hope theres at least something i like. If none of it is better than Dark Vengeance ill just buy that. The chosen in that box are awesome. The Warpsmith reminds me of the Necrotect, as in the paint job its been given by GW looks awful but when you get the model in real life its actually really good so i might pick that up. I just sold a few hundreds pounds of all my left over warhammer and unfinished armies so im looking for single model projects and that looks like it could be a good one.

Admiral:

This might be exactly what CSM needs model-wise. I’m not too sure on the aircraft, but everything else looks fine. I may even spot a K’daai Destroyer in there.

Grimstonefire:

Seeing as they are on the large oval base, I reckon the fiends are around 15cm long x 12cm tall, by around 9cm wide.

Which is suitably impressive for a destroyer, but not massive.  You could probably stick both of them on some rocks and/or rearing up a bit for added impressiveness. :slight_smile:

Not that I really care, but I’m glad they’re going down the mechanical monsters route instead of just doing variant tanks etc. It really adds variety and defines them.

brotsorrow:

thanks for the pics/posts. I find the models interesting (im not a 40k player or collector). What i do find myself thinking is with all the comments about how similar these models and even the colour schemes are to other companies models, if those said companies will send C&D orders to GW… how sweet would that be?

Ravenswood:

Thommy H:

Advance Orders are now up.

The Codex especially looks really nice - as predicted, they’re going hardback with them as they did with the Warhammer Armies Books. I’ll get that, but I’ll save my miniatures money for the forthcoming Warriors of Chaos and Dark Angels.

Btw, these new toys are best viewed alongside this Warseer thread so you can witness the 40K section of that forum tear themselves apart in an orgy of whingeing and threaten to ragequit Chaos because the release isn’t precisely what they imagined. Most entertaining.

Grimstonefire:

The Ltd Ed book sold out within about an hour this morning. From GW point of view it doesn’t really make sense not to print three or four times as many, at least, if they sell out that quickly.

Thommy H:

Well, on the one hand you have the classic taxi driver’s fallacy - which is to say, if something is successful you should maximise the amount you sell rather than set an arbitrary target and leave it at that. On the other hand though, limited editions only sell out because they’re limited, so they should have a definite limit on the run or the customers get annoyed. Although, looking at Warseer, the ship has sailed on annoyed customers anyway…

I do find it quite interesting that they’re offering limited editions of Codecies now. I mean, they might as well, but I’m not aware of it having been done before. It’s not a product line I’ve associated with that kind of marketing.

Vogon:

Btw, these new toys are best viewed alongside this Warseer thread so you can witness the 40K section of that forum tear themselves apart in an orgy of whingeing and threaten to ragequit Chaos because the release isn't precisely what they imagined. Most entertaining.

Thommy H
I love Warseer :)

On the one hand they are great at getting rumours out there on the other hand they excel at this type of thing.

Cheers

Vogon

TheVoice:

When will GW get a cease and desist from Privateer Press, do we think?