[Archive] New competition

Mosk:

Just seeing the some what popularity of the 6 hour painting session, could we possibly make a competition where the people of CDO vote for which 6 hour paint job looks best or what ever? or Just hand out medals for who ever actually participates in a 6 hour paint session?

Just an idea…

Pyro Stick:

Just seeing the some what popularity of the 6 hour painting session, could we possibly make a competition where the people of CDO vote for which 6 hour paint job looks best or what ever? or Just hand out medals for who ever actually participates in a 6 hour paint session?

Just an idea...

Mosk
I think that might be too easy a way to get a medal. A better idea would be to get a bronze medal for taking part in 5 marathons, silver for 10 and gold for 20?

As for the voting part, it seems a bit of a waste of time when everyone can just check the thread and comment on the pics. If a big poll was made out of it the people with the lowest votes would probably get a bit upset that nobody thought they did a good job or put in enough effort. Its not a competition in the first place so a poll is kind of pointless.

Mosk:

I think that might be too easy a way to get a medal. A better idea would be to get a bronze medal for taking part in 5 marathons, silver for 10 and gold for 20?

Pyro Stick
I do agree with this one totally, much better then my idea ;)

Kera foehunter:

yea!! it take me that long to paint one figure…

i don’t need no stinking badgers

but i need to paint .just have to much nice weather to be inside.

can’t get tan lines from a computer…

Hashut’s Blessing:

I can :wink: I think bronze for 10 should be a little more appropriate as we don’t want medals to be too easy to collect after all. Not to mention, this happens bi-monthly at the moment. Gotta work for them medals!

Kera, that line about badgers (I think it’s a typo of badges :wink: ) is about to be sigged!

Kera foehunter:

no it part of the movie blazzing saddles when they where hiring hit men!!!

but i thought it be funny saying it anyway!!!

so enjoy H.B.

Sojourn:

Maybe the 5/10/20 idea, but at the same time, that might be hard for the mods to keep track of. shrugs I think it’s great to have people recognized for their efforts though. :slight_smile: and I still want to get involved in this. grumbles about work…

Grimstonefire:

Although the Staff have numerous competitions running throughout the year, there’s nothing stopping forum members for organising their own competitions!

So Mosk, if you fancy running this you can start a poll for those who entered.

as we haven’t had non-staff run competitions on the forum before, we’d need to look at medals/ slaves etc, but that shouldn’t stop you from starting a poll.

EDIT.

1000 posts!! :cheers

Hashut’s Blessing:

However, Kera did organise something almost competitionish (well, it’s not quite, but for some reason, I keep thinking it is) as a part of her 2,000th post.

Mosk:

So would any one be interested in doing the 5/10/20 thing, I could keep track of whom ever enteres if you want, And we could possibly, with help of admins hand out medals for 5 then 10 then 20 or what ever

Pyro Stick:

So would any one be interested in doing the 5/10/20 thing, I could keep track of whom ever enteres if you want, And we could possibly, with help of admins hand out medals for 5 then 10 then 20 or what ever

Mosk
I think, to qualify for a medal, you need befre and after pics from every marathon or confirmation from someone you were doing webcam with that you have done it. Everyone can keep track of what they have done if they are wanting a medal.

Remember the next painting marathon is on the 9th!!

Mosk:

Should we make a more organized forum for it?

Pyro Stick:

Should we make a more organized forum for it?

Mosk
Theres not much point at the moment. Maybe when we do about 2 or 3 more we could start a new thread telling people they could get a medal. By that point most people that have tried to take part will be able to get a bronze.

Grimstonefire:

Once all the details are decided and its all organised, the staff can make it into a sticky or something in the off topic showcase??? Not sure what would be the best place for that if its to be a regular ongoing feature?

Mosk:

I think we should make two

one for non cd stuff

one for cd stuff :slight_smile:

wallacer:

Perhaps it might be simpler just to dispense slaves as rewards for the painting marathon?

The reason that I say this is because medals are for events that happen continuously, such as GH, AC, Word of Hashut etc.

In other words, a medal is associated with something that has a certain longevity associated with it.

The painting marathon is a fantastic idea, but it’s longevity has yet to be proven. It would be odd if in a year or two (assuming the painting marathon ran out of steam) to have medals in people’s profiles for the painting marathon and most newer members not having any idea what the painting marathon is.

Hope this doesn’t come across as too negative. I actually love the painting marathon idea.

Ghrask Dragh:

Seems cool, I could always do with some more slaves :slight_smile:

Maybe we could just keep track of our marathons in our sigs? If anyone can come up with a nifty little icon we can all paste in there or just write it in (as well as the slaves of course! ;)) what do you think?

Pyro Stick:

Seems cool, I could always do with some more slaves :)
Maybe we could just keep track of our marathons in our sigs? If anyone can come up with a nifty little icon we can all paste in there or just write it in (as well as the slaves of course! ;)) what do you think?

Ghrask Dragh
That sounds like an excellent alternative to medals. If Sojourn can give her self gold stars then we can give ourselves painting marathon medals in our sigs. Ill start to keep track of how many ive done in my sig and the date of the next one as well.

Kera foehunter:

So is going to be little paint brushes???

wallacer:

Something like what my signature is now, maybe?

link to paintbrush icon in my signature