[Archive] New competition

Ghrask Dragh:

Thats quick work Wallacer, nice one :cheers

wallacer:

If anyone’s not sure how to get pictures to appear in their signature let me know and i’ll post some instructions.

Kera foehunter:

great job wallacer!!

Sojourn:

Seems cool, I could always do with some more slaves :)
Maybe we could just keep track of our marathons in our sigs? If anyone can come up with a nifty little icon we can all paste in there or just write it in (as well as the slaves of course! ;)) what do you think?

Ghrask Dragh
That sounds like an excellent alternative to medals. If Sojourn can give her self gold stars then we can give ourselves painting marathon medals in our sigs. Ill start to keep track of how many ive done in my sig and the date of the next one as well.

Pyro Stick
it's totally legit. ;) Pyro, are you jealous you don't have a gold star?

I think it's a good idea, somewhat self-governed, but it doesn't put extra stress on the mods to organize and keep track. I want a cute little paint brush.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I think the paintbrushes in the signature works best. Maybe after about 10, you start to put x2 in the bottom corner of them, then when they all have that, x3 and so on? It will save space and prevent screens of paintbrushes.

Why not make the tutorial anyway? Always a good idea :smiley:

wallacer:

Why not make the tutorial anyway? Always a good idea :D

Hashut's Blessing
Fair enough.

Tutorial on how to add paint brush picture to your signature:

The first step is to open an account with an online picture storage service.  I use Photobucket, which costs nothing except my valuable time :rolleyes:

Click here to create a Photobucket account

Once you've signed up you'll be able to login, at which point you will see something like this:

Now you will need to have a picture that you can upload.  To get the paint brush picture either right click on the picture in my signature and
choose "save picture as" or go to the link below and save the picture from there:
link to paintbrush icon in my signature

Now, back in Photobucket, click on the blue "Choose Files" button and browse to wherever you saved the paint brush picture and choose it.
Photobucket will then start automatically uploading the picture.
When it has done you will be able to see it displayed in the list of available pictures:

You then need to left click the img code and it will automatically copy the link so that you can paste it elsewhere.    

Now we go back to your favourite forum and go to the user CP:

Then click on the change signature link:

Now you need to paste the
You do this by right clicking somewhere in the edit text box and then left clicking "paste", or you just use the ctrl+v windows shortcut to paste the text in.

Then click the update signature button and you're done.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Good job! (I already knew how, but it never harms to teach others! Well, it may, but that’s in specific conditions and cases!)

wallacer:

It may harm if they start putting 800x600 screendumps in their signature - then the Xanman will beat me for my foolishness.

Hashut’s Blessing:

As I said, except for certain scenarios :stuck_out_tongue: