[Archive] new dark elves

Obsidian:

I’ve been figting the urge! Just sold of most of my collection to concentrate and finally get an army done. GW is not helping, lol! :stuck_out_tongue:

Luckily for me I have so much inspiration and plans for my Chaos Dwarf army that it’s enough to keep me on the right track! :cheers:

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

of course i have 2 weeks before release and 4 weeks before the main DE release and i must say they are better then ever

zorn sabretooth:

must… resist… urge… to… make…fun …of …elf…collecters

the cosairs look stupid not like real pirates where the hell is the rum!!!

elves drink wine DE drink blood i think? but i must say the corsair do look better in person but there not pirates there DE on the sea it’s just in the preveus army book they made them to be like pirates but in this edition they say they just kill,inslave or loot places and peaple and they show that alot

Bloodfire:

Ive been fighting the urge to get the new Dark Elf spearhead, the only issue with me is money :<

As i need to save up whilst im off digging in 2 weeks time. But hopefully i might find a games workshop in Bristol so i can pick up a copy of the new army book :smiley:

Hashut’s Blessing:

I haven’t and I won’t :stuck_out_tongue: I don’t collect elves. Darl Elves (for the most part) tend to drink wine and sometimes mead, as well as anything they loot from their raids. Corsairs are, effectively, commonly perceived Vikings.

I’m surprised at the price of the Cold One Knights. £12 for 5 heavy cavalry! Seems GW has decided to lower their prices there, for sure. Yes, they are plastic, but that’s not the point… It’s £12 for 10 plastic corsairs, so it seems a right bargain to me… Hence why Sousonou will be given a box for his b’day (the other day) and last Christmas (he he he) when they are out…

i’m surprised to,maybe the 9 year olds aren’t playing like they use to,and GW are getting veteruns back in,but that a maybe :slight_smile:

zorn sabretooth:

dark elves drink gay drinks like appletinis

no that high elves dark elves drink um well i don’t know but they don’t drink girly drinks

Sojourn:

as long as they drink, they’re ok in my books :wink:

hey zorn, I’ll have an appletini, thanks :wink:

I like the new models enough; I will likely get the female sorceress that’s got water swirling about her. she’ll fit perfectly in my army (that still hasn’t be touched, heh)

Xander:

At 35 bucks Canadian, the new Cold Ones are a steal. :slight_smile: Might have to get some because they are so awesome.

wallacer:

That is a good price. It still won’t tempt me to start an Elven army though.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Urm, I’ve already mentioned what it is that Dark Elves drink (which was stated as fact, not opinion). Alas, it’s a shame that it’s Dark Elves that are so cheap, purely because I don’t collect them, he he he.

Ghrask Dragh:

These new Dark alves arevery impressive, I have to admit I do suffer ocasionally from new army fever so I’m trying hard to stay away from these guys!!

One of the best deals GW have done for a very long time on the Cold One Riders, no really makes a fuss when they do good like that though, there would endless threads on how they are ****** if they were to expensive.

I like the new Dark Elves!

i must say it’s not just modals that are good the rules and history is one of the best i’ve read

blood anyone :stuck_out_tongue:

do they talk about the true elves.and how they beat you guy
no that would be a cat fight the high elves and the dark elves

Kera foehunter
yes they keep saying there pure bloods or is that in the old book?

i like to see how they do against the high elves. since they both just been retooled

Kera foehunter
they'll proberle do it for nexts months WD wonder who'll win :)

AGPO:

Love all the new models except the riders for the cold ones - they’re appaling. I’m gonna order a whole load of the old ones and stick em on the new mounts

starscream:

i’ve got the cold one riders. seem very nice, I have put the mounts together and they look great. I ahvent done the riders yet, I still have a unit of the old ones if need be but they looked ok in WD.

Doogle:

As I am sure has been stated before, a lot of the new Dark Elf models are amazing. The new dread lord, the new assassins, the new hydra model and especially the new corsairs, even the cthulu corsair character.

The new book is pretty nice as well, with many point costs being lowered and many new awesome magical items and rules.

If it was not for the fact that I am dedicated to my Chaos Dwarf army and that I am a poor college student, I would be on the new stuff like white on rice.

Also, one of my best friends plays Dark Elves, and has since we started the game, which is another reason why I am avoiding them. But he is soon to have the new book and battalion set when they arrive, so hopefully I can contribute to a new Dark Elf section in the tactics.

I play him almost daily at this point, so should not be too hard after a few weeks.