[Archive] New demons

Grimstonefire:

I can’t see the appeal of a book that costs twice as much and has (presumably) exactly the same content?

It wouldn’t be worth buying for the cover, when you could just print one yourself from somewhere (scan/internet pic etc) and the content being the same wouldn’t justify buying one to sell later for profit.

Hashut’s Blessing:

No point in the Khorne one anyway, surely? That’s all that ever gets puton the cover for Daemons and Warriors anyway…

Ugly Green Trog:

I really like the drones but I dislike the riders on the models. I’d stick the riders on plague toads and leave the flies to run solo. I like the heralds too but not the prices.

Da Crusha:

http://blog.spikeybits.com/2013/02/daemons-white-dwarf-rules-drop.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SpikeyBits+(Spikey+Bits)&utm_content=FaceBook

it appears the plague drones are now the k’daais worst enemies. 3+ poison?!?

Samanos:

http://blog.spikeybits.com/2013/02/daemons-white-dwarf-rules-drop.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SpikeyBits+%28Spikey+Bits%29&utm_content=FaceBook

it appears the plague drones are now the k'daais worst enemies. 3+ poison?!?

Da Crusha
the WD says its the attack fromthe rot proboskis(?) so maybe its only one attack? though i seriously doubt it...

Xander:

All the new releases are on the GW site now:
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCatsLarge.jsp?catId=cat440004a&rootCatGameStyle=wh
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCatsLarge.jsp?catId=cat440160a&rootCatGameStyle=wh40k

Check both links, they have unique pictures for Fantasy and 40k.

Jossy:

http://blog.spikeybits.com/2013/02/daemons-white-dwarf-rules-drop.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SpikeyBits+%28Spikey+Bits%29&utm_content=FaceBook

it appears the plague drones are now the k'daais worst enemies. 3+ poison?!?

Da Crusha
That is for 40k not fantasy

Da Crusha:

That is for 40k not fantasy

Jossy
I hope so.

Thommy H:

Yep, that’s just for 40K - “Poison” in 40K is a rule that fixes your To-Wound roll, so they’d wound everything on a 3+. They probably have regular Poisoned Attacks (or maybe a slightly buffed version) in Fantasy.

Time of Madness:

They come with normal poison (6+), however if you have a nurgle herald you can get the poison to work on 5+.

Time of Madness

ViLe:

ok guys, i bought the new book last friday and played today against a friend of mine who was using my chaos dwarfs.
First off i have to say, i dont like the new book very much. Demons got a huge downgrade imho. But well, still better than Tomb Kings. :smiley:
Propably they have needed the downgrade to make them more, well… likeable. If you play demons around here you are immediately a lamer. :frowning:
But still i think the new book has some good options…
I will sell most of my beastmen and convert the rest to demons. With the earned money i need to buy some of the plague flys. I also already startet to convert a skullcannon out of a chariot. Porpably i will start a thread to show you my huge demon army.

Well lets move to the game. He played my CD like this:
Lv4, enchanted shield, ToP, Scroll, Lore of Hashut
Lv1, Lorde of Death
Castellan BSB, Mask of the Furnance, Shield
1 Khan on a wolf
29 Infernal guard FC, GW
2x 20 HobGobs with Bows and Musician
3 Bull Centaurs with shields
1 Tauruk, ToTs, GW 2 up Armor or Something…
1 Destroyer
2 Rockets
1 Hellcannon

I wanted to play only models i have, so i made a Tzeentch/Khorne list with just 2 lone Nurgle Beasts. Dont know if i can tell now, because army is released… but its necessary now to try keep your bsb and general the same god as the rest of the army.
I played like this:

Lv4 Lord of Change, 4 lesser Gifts
Herald of Khorne, BSB 2 lesser Gifts, exalted presence (hatred for him and his unit)
Herald of Tzeentch, LV2, mighty presence (d6 s in profile, changing each round of combat)
35 Bloodletters, FC, Standard of Discipline
22 Horros, FC
2x 1 Beast of Nurgle
2x 5 Furies of Tzeentch (Gargoyles)
1 Skullcannon
1 Soulcrusher of Tzeentch

And guess what? I crushed him. His Destroyer took out my Soulcrusher unfortunately but the rest went well.
The LoC was an animal… with the Staff of Mood he boosted himself to S8 and 7a (well roled verly poorly for boosting) but in minor gifts he got the 2+ ward against the first wound, ASF and the breath weapon. Well he was jumping around behind buildings and stuff, stealing death magic and the leadership spell from the (former) level 4 sorcerer prophet. In close combat he crushed the hellcannon and the sorcerer prophet.
The Bloodletters cleaned the floor with the infernal guard and the Tauruk got runned down after bad combat res from my horros, while the Scullcannon cleaded up the rest of the Bull Centaurs in close combat. The Khan was taken out by nurgle effect on the reign of chaos chart. :wink:
Only the Destroyer and the HobGobs survived.
Overall it was a great fun game. Demons are not that bad as i supposed before, but still would like the old ones back.

Our Dwarfs will have some serious problems i guess.

Jossy:

I loved facing the old Daemons. Every time someone lined up the (almost standard) triple bloodletter hoard, It would bring a smile to my face.

CD are a good hard counter to the old Daemon book. Interestingly enough TK are the best hard counter to the old Daemons book.

As for the new book, Daemons have gone down in power. What CD have to fear is the increase in Nurgle themed lists, as they will be a big problem for the legion. T4 and poison will cause problems. In saying that the triple letter hoards will still be common place though.

By the way, I believe new Daemons have no access to dispel scrolls anymore. That’s got to be an issue for tournament play for them.

Vogon:

My own daemon army started life as a couple of unit each of Daemonettes and Mounted Daemonettes as an add on to the Dark Elves during the Storm of Magic global event (whatever happened to them?) when I ran a Cult of Pleasure list.

It since grew from there and is still mostly Slaanesh themed though I have expanded it to include a unit of 20 'letters and some Tzeentch bits and bobs as well now.

I should be picking my copy of the book up this weekend so I’ll be interested to see how what I have already stacks up in the new edition.

Cheers

Vogon

ViLe:

I loved facing the old Daemons. Every time someone lined up the (almost standard) triple bloodletter hoard, It would bring a smile to my face.

CD are a good hard counter to the old Daemon book. Interestingly enough TK are the best hard counter to the old Daemons book.

As for the new book, Daemons have gone down in power. What CD have to fear is the increase in Nurgle themed lists, as they will be a big problem for the legion. T4 and poison will cause problems. In saying that the triple letter hoards will still be common place though.

By the way, I believe new Daemons have no access to dispel scrolls anymore. That's got to be an issue for tournament play for them.

Jossy
well in germany it is impossible to play tripple letters. Normaly only one unit of 30 and then the restrictions cut you off so if you play them you cant field anything else hard.
Since they have now only S4 and are up in points i think no one will field them anyways esp if you try to keep your liste mostly "one goded" so no magic, and no scroll is a little bit odd for khorne only.

And yes no scroll for deamons is really crap. Ash Storm hold me twice yesterday because i could not roll high enough :(

Jossy:

well in germany it is impossible to play tripple letters. Normaly only one unit of 30 and then the restrictions cut you off so if you play them you cant field anything else hard.
Since they have now only S4 and are up in points i think no one will field them anyways esp if you try to keep your liste mostly "one goded" so no magic, and no scroll is a little bit odd for khorne only.

And yes no scroll for deamons is really crap. Ash Storm hold me twice yesterday because i could not roll high enough :(

ViLe
It must be horrible playing Warhammer in Germany.

I think there has been a real power shift downwards with Daemons. Ogres are now the key tournament army along with Skaven. Amusingly the Legion of Azgoh is the main counter to these armies :yar

Geist:

So I played a game against demons today. While it was interesting, I never found myself in a oh god I fear for my life moment.

The demon list.

Bloodthister of khorne.

Big block of letters with herald of hate.

5juggers with herald of frenzy.

10 or so pinkies with herald of some random tzeentch ness.

Grinder thinking it was a catapult firing off rounds.

I was playing my experment list to see who what where when.

khan doggie x2

lord with 2+save 4++ save scroll potion of strength, blood(lore of fire)

bsb great weapon mask of the furnace.

lvl1 with rubie ring and charmed shield.(lore of fire)

36 blunder buses with flame banner.

BC with horn and great weapons x2

dread quake

aku (aka ka`dai)

So just to figure things out I deployed tight in a corner, across from me was juggers and blood thirster. As he was worried about the blunderbusses he flew up in hopes of only getting shot at once. So I charged Aku into him. Aku damn near punched his head off. I took one wound all said and done, and he took 3. Next turn he chargd jugger cav in to try and save his lord, but I punched him right out. Turn after that aku died but was not a problem as he killed the general and netted me a nice 600points. Dreadquake almost got fired from its role as number one arty piece. Took 3 shots to kill the grinder. First one it hit but rolled a 1 to wound, next one hit but grinder made its 5+ ward. Last shot finally nailed it and did the needed 6 wounds. At this point my opponent became very distracted by the chatter around him for a better build. So he basically called the game. But it did not matter, even if had been serious he was done. I had lost a wolf eariler to some magic madness, that plus aku put my losses at level of :I really could not be made to care.

So in summary, demons while interesting are not a threat to us.

A if you want any chance to play in the magic phase you need a big demon, and those bad boys don’t like all of our arty.

B the ground troops while neat and in some cases tough wont stand to our fighting units.

C AKU can take on just about any great demon and will trash a grinder, its best bet is to shoot him with its cannon.

D cream corn cannons are nasty, but our demons want to be shot by them. 2+ward YES PLEASE.

All in all BRING IT DEMONS, they will know there place. Back into my sword shut yer yap and make my blade cut cleaner. Demons are nothing but raw material to be hammered into shape as we need.

Far2Casual:

Hey Jossy,

I was following you on Tomb-kings.net before you switched to Chaos Dwarves. I had to reply here because Chaos Dwarves an answer to Skavens ? The other way around yes, or tell me how you can dodge magic cannons, spam of S5 magic missiles and poison with your K’Daais, and how you handle the 13th on overcosted infantry ?

This might deserve its own thread, but I faced a Skaven twice with CDs and there was no match. Turn 2 all my units were dead.

ViLe:

i have to agree with far2casual. Skaven and Lizardmen are a good counter against LOA Dwarfs imho.

Geist:

Lizard men yes, skaven. Thats a toss up they can be they can also be a horrid match for us(as in we romp em). Alot of it comes down to build style.

Jossy:

Hey Jossy,

I was following you on Tomb-kings.net before you switched to Chaos Dwarves. I had to reply here because Chaos Dwarves an answer to Skavens ? The other way around yes, or tell me how you can dodge magic cannons, spam of S5 magic missiles and poison with your K'Daais, and how you handle the 13th on overcosted infantry ?

This might deserve its own thread, but I faced a Skaven twice with CDs and there was no match. Turn 2 all my units were dead.

Far2Casual
Hey Far2Casual. You've made me!

I agree insofar as this needs a new thread, but need to point out most armies struggle against Skaven.

Lizardmen is indeed one of the worst match ups for LOA