[Archive] New ET Skaven

Wolf :

Merry Christmas, all.

And what a ratty Christmas it is! Presenting the End Times Skaven Vermin Lord:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=204795&d=1419436578

http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=204796&d=1419437053

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3RPzHZPhY2OV2p2WXZJQkx1WEpkZ0FOU1pNV2J1OGIxVllr/view

Thoughts:

As a model I think he looks cool (dual tails though. Awesome), however after the shenanigans of Karl Franz Ascended and Malekith the Eternity King, I’m hopeful the rules will be a bit underwhelming (as Skaven needs to be rebalanced). A Monster that can Skitterleap itself is pretty nice, but for 500pts I can probably think of better things to spend points on. There are supposed to be 5 “variants” of this guy though, so maybe one of them will be worth its hefty points cost.

From what I can see there is one type Skreech whom can re-roll dreaded thirteenth and dispell attempts. Also seems to be another who has a similar rule to the back stagger special rule.

Overall, this “Deceiver” Vermin Lord seems to suffer from trying to perform too many jobs at once, and not really excelling at any of them (High WS + ST + Skitterleap means he wants to be in combat, being a Lvl 4 Wizard means he wants to be free to cast spells, and his gun means he wants to be shooting stuff but “Arching Death” hits the entire front rank of models, so very anti horde.

Thoughts?

sam585:

I only hope Chaos Dwarfs get a mention in the fluff, perhaps skaven fighting them for control of whatever (warpstone) is making that green light in the dark lands.

wallacer:

I couldn’t care less if they’re worth their points, I just want a cool looking model.

I assume that the “Deceiver” Vermin Lord is the Clan Eshin variant?

Hopefully some of the other versions have more rodent-like heads with smaller or no horns.

Dînadan:

Hopefully some of the other versions have more rodent-like heads with smaller or no horns.

wallacer
Considering Vermin Lords are supposed to be the avatars/earthly incarnation of the Horned Rat, don't hold your breath :P

Yodrin:

I am pretty sure we’re not ;(

TheHoodedMan:

The thought of different kinds of rat demons is a great one for me as I play skaven, too. The possibility to adjust to different opponents would make up for the high point cost the vermin lord had til now.

As unit type it is classified as “Monster (Character)”. Does that mean its a special character? Thats really bad.

I like the showed model version only partially. Too much horns for my taste. I will read the rules carefully and check the building options and then decide if I buy it.

Dînadan:

As unit type it is classified as "Monster (Character)". Does that mean its a special character? Thats really bad.

TheHoodedMan
Nope - just means it follows the rules for monsters and characters, just like "Infantry (Character)" follows all the rules for Infantry and Characters, "Cavalry (Character)" follows all the rules for cavalry and characters, etc

Grimstonefire:

So many builds from one kit should be interesting. I have yet to paint my FW vermin lord. Not sure about the plaits though, seems to be just space filling.

Armoured rat ogres… I may have to dust off my skaven this year.

Skink:

Of course we still don’t knoe anything about the plot, do we? Looking forward to this book.

I mean, the Khaine book was pretty nice but I always liked Thanquol :slight_smile:

TheHoodedMan:

Does anybody know how much the new Vermin lord will cost? Didn`t see this on the pics.

Wolf :

Does anybody know how much the new Vermin lord will cost? Didn`t see this on the pics.

TheHoodedMan
The rumour is it's going to cost US$90 �?" Judging from the pictures looks to be a Nagash sized model with 3-4 different ways to build it.

Bloodbeard:

BABIS posted this in another (now locked) thread. Better repost it.

Italian Horned Rat stuff.

TheHoodedMan:

Looks as if there were plenty of combinations possible. Shortening the horns or building less would be a possibility, too. 90$ (Glottkin/ Nagash price) is high, but I also expect that, perhaps a little less.

BABIS:

BABIS posted this in another (now locked) thread. Better repost it.

Bloodbeard
sorry I didn't notice this topic before! ;)

MadHatter:

Forgeworlds verminlord is alot better, I don’t like this release…

TheHoodedMan:

I have a notion that the FW verminlord will soon run out of production…

But you`re right. But perhaps one could play the FW model with the new rules. Base size should fit approx.

TheHoodedMan:

Price is 71 EUR. Just read the rules of them.

Awesome. Everyone a special spell which is to reroll. Some have ASF, one has a Warplightning with always 6 hits and a 4+ ward (instead of 5+), one of 5 is named (Skreech Verminking). Gametesting still to come, but point cost is 500-650, they seem playable but can still be no general.

Wolf :

I was thinking, what if these new releases for Skaven isn’t a End Times book, but a new army book instead?

There is nothing which states End Time on any of the leaked photo’s etc.

Thoughts?

Grimstonefire:

Afaik the next ET book after Khaine is a skaven book.

I don’t think we’ll see any new army books until ET releases are done.

Wolf :

You’re proberly right, nice to think though.