[Archive] New 'Grim Hammers' - The Hobbit

Silver:

With the new Hobbit rulebook came a surprise - new dwarf models in many of the images.
Here’s a set of pictures of the book for those models, I’m thinking that while they are 25mm true scale rather than Warhammer 28mm heroic scale, they might not fit in a mixed army but as an entire army with these dwarves, it might be spectacular! :smiley:

Some conversion work to add shields and make some into Daemonsmiths and wham you’re done for the fierce grim chaos dwarves!

Pretty sure it’ll be a simple plastic kit (basically x with two handed hammer, x with hammer in one hand, axe in the other)

Silver:

Ah hell, I thought it would have a link to the image when I linked the thumbnails from photobucket, thats silly that it didnt. Lemme fix it.

Kera foehunter:

** Kera Snickers**

WOW ,those are some small hammers … (Said in a sad way)

Hashut’s Blessing:

Is it just or is the helmetless dwarf (the first pic of him anyway) really big-headed?

Kera - that’s the problem with doing things to be accurate in size: ladies are disappointed.

Bolg:

Ok… But this helmless head is just as big as the heads with helmets… that looks quite odd in my book.

Silver:

Maybe thats why he has no helm :smiley:

Kera foehunter:

Is it just or is the helmetless dwarf (the first pic of him anyway) really big-headed?

Kera - that's the problem with doing things to be accurate in size: ladies are disappointed.

Hashut's Blessing
Dear H b this is called fantasy !! thing should be bigger than real life.
If i wanted to play historical war gaming then it would be to scale.
don't get me started on role play:o:o

Lava Lord:

Having not seen them in real time, the difference between 25mm and 28mm may make them good Chaos Dwarves…:wink:

French_noodle:

The LOTR range is usually pretty small compared to Warhammer.

I think even if they are truly great looking, they would be quite ridiculous opposed to any warhammer army…

Admiral:

With a more colourful paintjob akin to the Khazâd Guards those Grimhammer Dwarves will look fantastic.

Not that I’ll use them for WHFB, but for everyone who likes them I recommend you to start a little Lotr collection and maybe play some games with them. You could also check out Kara-Nak’s fallen dwarves, who will be well at home in a Lotr collection.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Bolg - that’s the pic I meant in my other post. actually looks bigger, like they sculpted it OVER the helm.

Kera - so many puns and jokes available. Can’t type all of them. ARGH! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Herby - trust me when I say that that is probably cermeonial and definitely stylised to make him, his beard and his “hammer” look bigger. actual warhammers are almost unnoticeably smaller (when scaled up) than the Grimhammers’ hammers. Although normally with that size head, they would be one handed or bastard-handed.

Kera foehunter:

Wow !!found a man with even a smaller hammer…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oShTJ90fC34