[Archive] New Hellcannon rules?

cornixt:

Anyone seen what the new Hellcannon rules are like? All I know is that it is still crewed by CDs, but I haven’t seen any details on anything else. Is it the same or different?

I thought this deserved its own thread rather than getting lost in the multipage Chaos thread.

Thane Godri GoblinSlayer:

Well let’s see, since most new armies are totally overpowered the hellcannon probably kills 10 troops automatically and every other units sustains 10 wounds, strenght 10. :shy:

wallacer:

From Warseer:

Hellcannon 205pts.

now only 1 rare choice; may once again take daemonic gifts; works almost the same as before, but loses the ability to make units flee and the re-roll to scatter.

Xander:

It lost two of it’s best shooty abilities. o_o

What gifts does this speak of, what can they do for us?

A nice drop in points though.

wallacer:

Xander
I'm not sure, but at a guess I would say they're probably similar to the ones you can buy for Greater Daemons in the Daemon army book ("can't be flanked", that sort of thing).

Kera foehunter:

that cool its only one rare choise

Grimstonefire:

The rules are condensed all down onto one page. That’s all I can add I’m afraid.

cornixt:

Sounds like they have simplified it a bit, and it is probably a bit more reliable

wallacer:

It sounds as if they’ve gone out of their way to simplify it.

Xander:

Let’s hope for better rules all around. Simpler isn’t always worse.

Kera foehunter:

but if you take the pictures of the hellcanon out of the storm of chaos book

it could fit the rules on one page

there realy not many rules with the cannon

Arashi:

Xander
I'm not sure, but at a guess I would say they're probably similar to the ones you can buy for Greater Daemons in the Daemon army book ("can't be flanked", that sort of thing).

wallacer
Up to 50p of daemonic gifts, which are on p.48 of the current Horde of chaos book (guess they will have something different and maybe add some new gifts for the daemon princes and this cannon in the new book)

Xander:

Man, i need to stop by a GW store and see if they have a preview copy available…

Willmark:

Cynic in me:

GW: move the $50.00+ model to one rare choice so people will buy two…

Kera foehunter:

lol like i buy 2 of them chaos hell cannons

cornixt:

As long as it is worth taking once. The SoC rules had it go crazy too much, with the lack of flexible units in the new rules it won’t be good to have it as a liability again.

Xander:

As long as it is worth taking once. The SoC rules had it go crazy too much, with the lack of flexible units in the new rules it won't be good to have it as a liability again.

cornixt
Exactly.

minty:

nah, first thing that went to make the price more fair, the rampage rule. thats right folk, it no longer eats your own guys untill you loose all the crew

Willmark:

Rampage rule while fluffy sucked majorly. It was only slighly more useful the “Intrigue @ Court” for High Elves…

Kera foehunter:

so what other rules did they change . i like the rampage rule  

so   the spew ichor rule is it still strenght 6 ?