[Archive] New Mangler

snowblizz:

As I say, these are for people who want a Mangler Squig no matter what - it's not going to convince anyone who doesn't want one to get one!

Thommy H
Of course not! It's way too expensive for that. Which is essentially my point.

AGPO:

In my experience the models that were originally released as finecast seem to be better quality than the metal models being reproduced. Maybe it’s an issue with the old moulds not being suited to finecast?

zobo1942:

too rich for me…

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Thommy H:

In my experience the models that were originally released as finecast seem to be better quality than the metal models being reproduced. Maybe it's an issue with the old moulds not being suited to finecast?

AGPO
Yeah, I think that's certainly the case.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

I like the concept; but why are these on a round base?

GW always stuck to the rule that WHFB monsters would have rectangular or square bases. Have I missed something?

Thommy H:

They follow the precedent set by Fanatics, which work in a very similar way. Essentially, they don’t rank up, line up, or engage with enemy units in any way. They just bounce through them and cause hits. Or explode.

ryanamandaanna:

They’re actually quite nasty; I went up against 2 of them in a mighty empires game a few months back and they were devastating.

Bolg:

Its a rare choice, many (Dutch) tournaments only allow 1 and thats still pretty scary. 4 would be no fun to play against.

theforgefather:

two questions: it in this month’s white dwarf, and how much does it cost (£)

Baggronor:

They're actually quite nasty; I went up against 2 of them in a mighty empires game a few months back and they were devastating.
Very easy to kill with shooting/magic missiles though. They are very good but not OTT. 4 would be pretty scary though, yes.

The last time I played against an OnG army, my opponent`s Savage Orc horde pursued through his own Mangler... it did 17 hits... :)

Pricey though... I sculpted 2 Manglers for my mate`s Night Goblin army for 50 quid lol, bet he`s chuffed.

Abecedar:

I Like them for the rules but not gunna buy any. Have one home-made WIP and might need to make another but too many projects and too few games.

Hashut’s Blessing:

The teething problems of finecast are reduced and the Finecast original molds are definitely better suited (I also see no improvement in the ex-metal castings either, no matter how much it’s said) - that being said, Liquid Greenstuff is a godsend to Finecast, lasts longer than paints and costs the same!

Regarding the bases, it’s more f a marker than a unit in a lot of senses, but as has been said - fanatics are the same and it;s because they don’t match up to conventional WFB standards. Flying bases are also round :wink:

Admiral:

Quite fine, but their legs look awkward. It’s great for any Night Gobbo force.

Hashut’s Blessing:

These guys are MASSIVE! Way bigger than the giant cave squig. Each one is bigger than the wyvern and boss on top O.o