[Archive] New Mantic Goblins

wallacer:

Can’t remember if these have been posted before or not.

Hopefully someone will tell me if they have been.

nitroglysarine:

Not seen the top one before.
They are almost EXACTLY how i envisioned the faces of Hobgobins.
The bodies need some working on, but that is the easy bit!

Love it! The Mohawk is brilliant.

Da Crusha:

Im not a big fan of the mohawk but other than that I really like the way the models have come out. awesome looking beast.

nitroglysarine:

His torso looks a bit to muscular for me, but add some chainmail ontop, or some simple armour, walla no more Terminator-torso :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

wallacer:

Isn’t the mohawk a part of the helmet? Like a roman legionary would have.

zobo1942:

I like that crazy lion-dog thingy - the hobgoblins… not so much. The helm and the noses don’t really do it for me.

Hashut’s Blessing:

It’s quite cool that it has a man-catcher. Wonder if that will be a unit upgrade like the Dwarfen Throwing Mastiffs. I like that (essentially copy of a) Warg, but the back of the lower jaw is too wide and makes it look too cartoony and ends up spoiling the decent sculpting and hard work of the rest for me.

G.2:

I like that crazy lion-dog thingy.

zobo1942
Yes, I would definately agree. I would be happy to paint a couple of those bad puppies and add them to my army.
...and the noses don't really do it for me.

zobo1942
I really like the noses. I think it adds the minis a LOT of character. I must admit that the noses are very eye-catching, but I don't mind that.

On a side note, would anyone know, what type/brand the modelling clay is? From the fact that their appears to be green-stuff under it, can I assume it is super-sculpey? Any sculptors out there?

Blue in VT:

I agree that the noses are a bit over the top for me…too pointy…I like the rest of the figure though.  If thats a people catcher shouldn’t there be some points on the inside of the weapon…you know to “catch” people…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I like the dog/beast thingie though.

Blue

warh:

look’s like he got a bird skull as nose :stuck_out_tongue:

Thommy H:

See, now these look really good - loads of character, really well-sculpted. Mantic is the weirdest company ever; how can they put out images of those Kinder Egg dragon things in the same week they put out images of this? I know they’re obviously using a few different sculptors, but there’s just no consistency in the range. Look at the Dwarf Berserkers compared to the Playmobil people plastics. Not only are they monstrously out of scale with one another, but they look like they were produced about a decade apart.

Is it the plastic sculpting they’re struggling with? I know the medium makes a difference to what can and can’t be made with the machines, but still.

Bassman:

This time I do agree completely with Tommy H, it’s super weirdo how they can release cool miniature like this and crap like the kinder egg (great!) dragons!!!

These goblins are really juicy! I’m curios to see the price…

nitroglysarine:

I’m hoping that the hobgob at the top isn’t a special for the dog as a handler, which the prodder (a man-catcher would have spikes on the inside right?) explains.

I hope the rest of the range of hobgobs look this interesting.

Hashut’s Blessing:

A man-catcher only needs to be able to loop around the neck and hold them in place. Thusly it has to come back in towards itself at the open end, like a bottle neck. Spikes inside just make it more difficult to get out and more likely to deal severe damage.

nitroglysarine:

ah-yeah I was forgetting the scale. That is probably perfect for a neck, I was thinking it was more of a body grabber.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Either way, it can catch a man. Hence the name, lol :smiley: In fairness, we’re used to seeing spikey ones because we’re Chaos Dwarfs :stuck_out_tongue:

wallacer:

Some armoured Orcs coming too:

Golder Goldeater:

The orcs look nice but I personally don’t like the gobbos.
Sorry

nitroglysarine:

Orcs look nice and simple.

Yeah I like.