[Archive] New models that work VERY well for fireborn!

Gammal:

Gooood neeews everyone!
Im working in our local GW store, and because of this I cant go in to details on the matter, but I would just like to say.

There will be some great stuff for doing Kdaii Fireborn in the next release!
Keep an eye out for the new WD this saturday.

More info 00.01 on Saturday :wink: (you guys will be the first to see it once its official!)

Thommy H:

You mean this?

Gammal:

Cant confirm neither denie :wink:

Thommy H:

K’daai don’t have wings, so I don’t know how well that particular model would work. It’s also in Finecast, so only one pose, and not so easy to convert.

Gammal:

K'daai don't have wings, so I don't know how well that particular model would work. It's also in Finecast, so only one pose, and not so easy to convert.

Thommy H
Wings are EASY to remove, and reposing shouldnt be to much of a hassle, greenstuff ftw.
Il see what I can do with it :=

The Besieger:

I think it can be a great combo when you use the balrog as k’daai destroyer

and this guys as k’daai fireborn.

Norngahl:

While the model looks totally awesome and would fit REALLY well to my Balrog-Kdaai-Destroyer, I’d need at least a unit of 6 of them, which would lend me to a total cost of 6x32,50. That’s heck expensive for R&F IMO. But granted, it looks great.

Might be a bit big through, if it is nearly as tall as the Destroyer, the Destroyer might get outshined. :wink:

Anyhow, might be a great model to represent the Monstrous Arcana Mourngul. :slight_smile:

gIL^:

Don’t want to look trolly but is that actually being released? It looks horrid.

aka_mythos:

I don’t know if a $40 model is the best alternative for a ranked unit of Fireborn… and while I realize things are open to interpretation (more so with fantasy) this doesn’t really say fire daemon bound to armor for me.

But while we’re on the subject armorcast just released a model that I think would be perfect if it were a little bigger:
Armorcast Terraform Terrain Ltd

gIL^:

I don't know if a $40 model is the best alternative for a ranked unit of Fireborn.... and while I realize things are open to interpretation (more so with fantasy) this doesn't really say fire daemon bound to armor for me.

aka_mythos
It says anorexic Balrog to me.

aka_mythos:

I think if it weren’t in the same basic black color scheme it wouldn’t come off as a Balrog as much. Add to the head, lose the wings, and give it the right weapons and I think it’d be a lot like a 54mm scale Bloodletter.

Animatone:

I think it’s a cool model from GW/LOTR, but Anima Tactics has Grimorium, which I also think could be converted into a pretty decent K’Daai foot trooper.

Da Crusha:

I think it's a cool model from GW/LOTR, but Anima Tactics has Grimorium, which I also think could be converted into a pretty decent K'Daai foot trooper.

Animatone
He is a really expensive model though. like 40 or 50 I believe. I dont really remember, havent played anima tactics in a really long time now.