[Archive] New Moscals from Sciborminiatures

warh:

i will buy them!

but i will convert the beard and the face.

so.sad:

well, I was Waiting for almost two month for them to be released and now that I had to spend a week in hospital they are out… :slight_smile:

I got a couple of those in mid april as a promo gift but I didn’t show them off yet since they weren’t officially released.

a short review for all those interested:

(please note that the ones I got were labeled as test castings, so probably some things changed)

• Casting:

As with most scibor castings the casting quality is in the mid to high level. Models are clean, little to zero micro bubbles in the surfaces. I couldn’t spot any mould lines at all but there was some flash I had to carve off.

8/10

• Sculpting:

Again, like most SMM productions these are well executed on the parts that are entirely visible while using a lot of stampwork (a side note to Tommy: this time the chainmail is done using the “up-down” technique).

BUT if you spin the miniature around you will find areas that (carefully speaking) got a lot less attention then the rest of the model. You won’t notice them without looking from uncommon directions but still these flaws are there. You will find them mostly in spots where limbs connect to the torso or when stampwork is blended into details (very rare).

These imperfections are what prevents the miniature from a higher score, but if you (like me) don’t look at your miniatures from the bottom much you won’t see them.

7/10

• General:

If you want to build a wholy unit be warned: If you place them on their bases so that the faces face forward you will have problems to rank them up (on 20mm bases).

also a personal note:

Once I painted most of the stuff that crowds my desk I will definetly order myself a unit of those. I like the models and they are easy to paint.

Furthermore the service is good. I ordered there several times now and the order was always processed fast and secure. In addition Scibor replys fast and polite to emails and he gave me those models for free. :hat off

cornixt:

[*]Sculpting:
Again, like most SMM productions these are well executed on the parts that are entirely visible while using a lot of stampwork (a side note to Tommy: this time the chainmail is done using the "up-down" technique).
BUT if you spin the miniature around you will find areas that (carefully speaking) got a lot less attention then the rest of the model. You won't notice them without looking from uncommon directions but still these flaws are there. You will find them mostly in spots where limbs connect to the torso or when stampwork is blended into details (very rare).
These imperfections are what prevents the miniature from a higher score, but if you (like me) don't look at your miniatures from the bottom much you won't see them.
7/10

so.sad
This is a common complaint about his models, so it seems odd that he has completely ignored it. A little attention to detail would leave people a lot more satisfied. I love the little hidden details on GW models that you often wouldn't notice until painting.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, those ones DO look pretty similar, but they are all the same type. It’s similar in Lord of the Rings or some of the metal characters in Warhammer: a basic pose and design is made, then a few details are changed to make them different. However, I would like to point you all to THIS guy. He’s very different and is still quite cool. I’ve only had a quick look (stupid low battery in laptop), but it looks promising. Also, don;t forget, these are unit champions and there will be rank and file on the horizon soon, apparently.

All in all, a tempting alternative. saves to favourites I would’ve preferred the flames to be a bit more flamey mind, so I may cut them off and make their helms into hatmets.

Pyro Stick:

Well, those ones DO look pretty similar, but they are all the same type. It's similar in Lord of the Rings or some of the metal characters in Warhammer: a basic pose and design is made, then a few details are changed to make them different. However, I would like to point you all to THIS guy. He's very different and is still quite cool. I've only had a quick look (stupid low battery in laptop), but it looks promising. Also, don;t forget, these are unit champions and there will be rank and file on the horizon soon, apparently.

All in all, a tempting alternative. *saves to favourites* I would've preferred the flames to be a bit more flamey mind, so I may cut them off and make their helms into hatmets.

Hashut's Blessing
https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/10214

WoodenPickles:

The second set of pics makes me think of the flintstones water buffalo club, Paint those helmets blue add some fur.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Thanks, Pyro. I was aware, but thought I’d mention it and remind people/make them aware of it and other such things. Good lad for the link though :wink:

Filipicusius:

Until i see the rest of the regiment, I’ll hate them :frowning:

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Hey Pyro! I’ll take a few of those!

Good work Scibor!

Cornixt edit: fixed image size

Pyro Stick:

Hey Pyro! I'll take a few of those!

Tarrakk Blackhand

You may want to change the image tags on that pic to

Have you ever heard of Iced Gems before? My gf loves them.

Filipicusius:

They do look tasty…

Kera foehunter:

they need chocolate !!! lots of chocolate!!

cornixt:

They do chocolate gems too. Yummy

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Sorry guys! I forgot how to type in the code to shrink the pic.

dedwrekka:

[*]Sculpting:
Again, like most SMM productions these are well executed on the parts that are entirely visible while using a lot of stampwork (a side note to Tommy: this time the chainmail is done using the "up-down" technique).
BUT if you spin the miniature around you will find areas that (carefully speaking) got a lot less attention then the rest of the model. You won't notice them without looking from uncommon directions but still these flaws are there. You will find them mostly in spots where limbs connect to the torso or when stampwork is blended into details (very rare).
These imperfections are what prevents the miniature from a higher score, but if you (like me) don't look at your miniatures from the bottom much you won't see them.
7/10

so.sad
This is a common complaint about his models, so it seems odd that he has completely ignored it. A little attention to detail would leave people a lot more satisfied. I love the little hidden details on GW models that you often wouldn't notice until painting.

cornixt
Not a lot of hidden detail on the one and two piece dwarfs GW produces or around arm joins of other GW figures. A lot of the complaints about joints in his models came up from the Frothers post, which was bullhockey.

demi_morgana:

• General:
    If you want to build a wholy unit be warned: If you place them on their bases so that the faces face forward you will have problems to rank them up (on 20mm bases).

so.sad
fortunately the grunts (next Moscals release) are sculpted to fit each other in regiment :)
In addition Scibor replys fast and polite to emails and he gave me those models for free. :hat off

so.sad
actually I reply emails and give promo-goodies :cheers
;)

so.sad:

• General:

so.sad
fortunately the grunts (next Moscals release) are sculpted to fit each other in regiment :)

demi_morgana
Thats good news for sure! I was really worried how to rank them properly.
In addition Scibor replys fast and polite to emails and he gave me those models for free. :hat off

so.sad
actually I reply emails and give promo-goodies :cheers
;)

demi_morgana
Ah well. Thanks to you then :hat off

demi_morgana:

my plasure :hat off

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Pyro Stick:

• General:

so.sad

demi_morgana
When are the grunts going to be released?

demi_morgana:

last weekend out painter got them;

she’s quite busy person but I hope to see the unit before July