[Archive] New Ogyrns! Ogres?

Xander:

http://us.games-workshop.com/news/sneakpeek/40K/default.htm

Pretty cool figures! :hat off

Pyro Stick:

Probably going to cost about �15-�20 each though, and they will probalby be plastic as well…

minty:

metal modesl, �12 and totaly not worth it, major gaps in the

The Flying Beaver:

metal modesl, �12 and totaly not worth it, major gaps in the
Major gaps in the what? Sentence structure? :P

Dracomancer:

Interesting, although I think they would look better with plastic OK bull heads, perhaps i’ll buy one when they come out…:idea

Lord Darkash:

I think the old ones look better and convert better into CD unit fillers…

minty:

opps, forgot to finish, the gaps are at the neck and arms, had a bad time putting some of these together for the stores display cabinet, the 5 took enough greenstuff for 1.5 chaos dwarves (with both hat and mask)

Titanomachy:

Maybe the problems will be worked out by the time they’re on sale? Probably not but here to hopeing…

catbarf:

Kinda sucks that Ogryns are one of the most useless units in the IG codex.

And for some reason, their faces remind me of the game Doom (the original). I can’t figure out why…

Nehan:

I can. The simplest enemy (grunt or however it was named) had a very similar face (much more pixelized, of course).

hal:

They look alright, but for �12 each I won’t be buying any.

Thommy H:

I can’t be alone in thinking these models are awful, especially for the price :sick

catbarf:

I can. The simplest enemy (grunt or however it was named) had a very similar face (much more pixelized, of course).

Nehan
Oh my god! You're totally right!

One other thing is that their bulkiness and green armor remind me of the marine you play as.

AGPO:

I can’t belie GW sometimes - hardly anyone can afford monsterous units at �12 a model these days, if they were �8-10 I’d buy some (not ogryns, but trolls, chaos ogres, minotours and the like) but they’re just too expensive

catbarf:

Holy hell, 12 pounds apiece? For the cost of 5 of those, I could buy 18 Ogre Bulls and convert those…

Baalin:

Wow I like the ogryrn with the metal face piece but at 12 pounds, mind you im in the states, I couldnt afford to make a single unit.

could work as perhaps a irongut champion however…

Sigose:

Actlly they problly are going to be the metal models (can’t think of what the actual name is) but still cause either if they are plastic they’d be in a squad box. If they are single models to buy… They’d be metal.

And for how the models are they are more detailed then the last edition version but to that part knowing how things will be problly will be around $17.00US dolars a model. :mad If in a squad box I want to guess around… Problly $50.00 for five of them easy…:o

There are my thoughts to one part of this topic :cheers

~Techwing

angryboy2k:

I can't be alone in thinking these models are awful, especially for the price :sick

Thommy H
You're not alone. And they'd be awful at any price. All hail Bob Olley's Rogue Trader Ogryns!!!

Steve

Uzkul Werit:

I like the models as they seem these deformed than the previous ones but is that price real? Tweleve pounds for a single Ogre. That’s nuts.