[Archive] New Orc Boar Boys and River Trolls

Grimstonefire:

Finally they are up for advance order

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat1491876&rootCatGameStyle=wh

I’ll be buying at least 2 boxes of the boar boys, to make into black orc ones.

warh:

cool!!

the river trolls are awsome:D

Thorne:

The boars look very bad imho I dislike the orcs as well . The trolls look a little too nurgle to me. Not a fan I am afraid.

Willmark:

Hmmm compared to the previous generations of trolls these ones need a diet.

snowblizz:

The boars look very bad imho I dislike the orcs as well . The trolls look a little too nurgle to me. Not a fan I am afraid.

Thorne
I was thinking much the same.

Looking at the troll sprue, doesn't they remind people a lot of the minotaurs?

The trolls seem to more wads of fat whereas the minotaurs try to pull off muscles but it seems to be the same kind of musculature. Using the same computer generated torso as base perhaps?

Khan!:

I actually really like both of these new kits. The old metal trolls are probably better, especially the stone trolls, but these new boars actually look something like running boars. Neat!

dncswlf:

Awesome… love the live vomit! I think the new trolls rock!

Loki:

Super sweet models I think I might be getting some :smiley:

Xander:

The trolls aren’t bad at all. Certainly not as bad as the Minotaurs.

The boar boyz are decent. I think a better painter could sell these boars better.

Pyro Stick:

The river trolls arent that bad but £27 for 3 plastic models? No thanks. I dont like the boat boys either. It could just be the paint job though. It makes them look kind of lame. Come to think of it, all recent GW paint jobs have been crap and off putting.

tjub:

The trolls looks like fat gremlins, love them! :smiley:

Thorne:

Come to think of it dont feed them after midnight … Never let them go into the sun … Still darn ugly

Nah nah nee nah nah nah starts humming the tune to gremlins

Swissdictator:

Personally, I think the Trolls are great!  They really do fit my image of River Trolls. I’ve been considering getting an O&G army working from my smattering of Greenskins, and these Trolls tempt me that much more (and would make it more effective).

Edit: Almost forgot. I like the Boar Boyz. While I don’t find them as awesome as the Cold One Knight for Dark Elves, I am liking the new Boar Boyz. Plus the price makes them A LOT more affordable. They are tempting…

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I like the new boars. They look more active and dynamic than the old ones. Not too sure on the River Trolls. they look too overweight IMO.

Zanko:

Thorne
I share your point of view!

To be honest ... to say "I don't like them" is a bit euphemistic! :~

:hashut

Thommy H:

Hm. Interesting. I quite like them both. You know, however you feel about the aesthetics of these models, you have to admit that it’s pretty amazing what they can do with plastics these days.

Thorne:

I share your point of view!
To be honest ... to say "I don't like them" is a bit euphemistic! :~

Zanko
They have too much decoration, I always considered trolls to be simple type of monsters, Not too far removed from cavemen and the likes I was enxpecting much longer legs bigger arms and a slimmer head, sometimes a little can be more. I think for trolls they are over stated.

Joshmohr:

Love the trolls… Just a bit pricey…

Grimstonefire:

Love the trolls.. Just a bit pricey.. for plastic

Joshmohr
I've corrected that for you. ;)

£27 is a good price compared to 3 metal trolls (£36)

Swissdictator:

£27 is a good price compared to 3 metal trolls (£36)

Grimstonefire
Quoted for truth.

Plus, even if you're not a fan of the new trolls or boar boyz, it does seem like an improvement, right?